Drug advisory centre opens
A NEW drug advisory centre has opened in Royston. The Westminster Drug Project (WDP) has opened a Drugsline centre in Kathrine s Barn, Melbourn Street, to provide free and confidential treatment and support to residents adversely affected by drugs or alc
A NEW drug advisory centre has opened in Royston.
The Westminster Drug Project (WDP) has opened a Drugsline centre in Kathrine's Barn, Melbourn Street, to provide free and confidential treatment and support to residents adversely affected by drugs or alcohol.
Yasmin Batliwala, Head of WDP, said: "WDP has extensive experience of working with people from all walks of life who want to address their drug and alcohol use.
"I believe it is essential that services like ours are made available as widely as possible as they do make a substantial difference to the lives of not only those who have with drugs or alcohol but to their families and to the community at large."
You may also want to watch:
The centre offers support and treatment, including one-to-one counselling, and complementary therapies including acupuncture, Indian head massage and reflexology.
Drugsline is currently looking for volunteers. Duties will include answering telephone calls and booking appointments for clients. Full training will be provided.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
For more information, contact the Drugsline centre on 01763 249977.