Drink driving crackdown catches 26 possible drink and drug drivers
THE first week of a drink drive campaign has seen 26 people arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary launched a confidential reporting line has received 26 calls during its first week of operation.
Insp Chris Skepper said: “It is always disappointing to find that some drivers are still flouting the law.
“We will continue our proactive approach by conducting regular stop checks to ensure those people who ignore the law are brought to justice.
“We have also received a number of calls from the public in relation to drink drivers and are currently following up this information.”
You may also want to watch:
The crackdown lasts until the end of June whereas the confidential hotline will be piloted for three months.
Using the 0800 032 0845 number, which is available 24/7, people can get involved in the campaign by supplying police with information about drink and drug drivers.
- 1 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 5 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 10 County 'extremely grateful' for chief fire officer's 30-year service