Drink driving crackdown catches 26 possible drink and drug drivers
THE first week of a drink drive campaign has seen 26 people arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary launched a confidential reporting line has received 26 calls during its first week of operation.
Insp Chris Skepper said: “It is always disappointing to find that some drivers are still flouting the law.
“We will continue our proactive approach by conducting regular stop checks to ensure those people who ignore the law are brought to justice.
“We have also received a number of calls from the public in relation to drink drivers and are currently following up this information.”
You may also want to watch:
The crackdown lasts until the end of June whereas the confidential hotline will be piloted for three months.
Using the 0800 032 0845 number, which is available 24/7, people can get involved in the campaign by supplying police with information about drink and drug drivers.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm