Drink driving crackdown catches 26 possible drink and drug drivers
THE first week of a drink drive campaign has seen 26 people arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary launched a confidential reporting line has received 26 calls during its first week of operation.
Insp Chris Skepper said: “It is always disappointing to find that some drivers are still flouting the law.
“We will continue our proactive approach by conducting regular stop checks to ensure those people who ignore the law are brought to justice.
“We have also received a number of calls from the public in relation to drink drivers and are currently following up this information.”
You may also want to watch:
The crackdown lasts until the end of June whereas the confidential hotline will be piloted for three months.
Using the 0800 032 0845 number, which is available 24/7, people can get involved in the campaign by supplying police with information about drink and drug drivers.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid