Dream result for Chelsea
TEENAGER Chelsea O Call-aghan has lived out a dream by singing in front of a live audience. The 14-year-old student at Freman College in Buntingford won the audience appreciation award in the final of the East Herts District Council s annual Pop Luck co
TEENAGER Chelsea O'Call-aghan has lived out a dream by singing in front of a live audience.
The 14-year-old student at Freman College in Buntingford won the audience appreciation award in the final of the East Herts District Council's annual Pop Luck competition.
She was singing Whitney Houston's I Have Nothing.
Chelsea said: "I really didn't think I would win because there were some strong singers in the competition. Everybody was really good so I didn't think I had a chance.
You may also want to watch:
"I didn't win the first prize, but I was really happy winning the audience award.
Chelsea said: "Before I sang I was really nervous, especially standing in front of all those people. But once I got started I loved every minute of it.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 6 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
"I'm definitely going to do it again and, who knows, I may do something like The X-Factor, Simon Cowell wouldn't scare me."
Leilah Fletcher, 16, also of Freman College, joined Chelsea as one of the 14 finalists in the competition hosted by Heartbeat FM DJ Steve Follard.