Dream result for Chelsea
TEENAGER Chelsea O Call-aghan has lived out a dream by singing in front of a live audience. The 14-year-old student at Freman College in Buntingford won the audience appreciation award in the final of the East Herts District Council s annual Pop Luck co
TEENAGER Chelsea O'Call-aghan has lived out a dream by singing in front of a live audience.
The 14-year-old student at Freman College in Buntingford won the audience appreciation award in the final of the East Herts District Council's annual Pop Luck competition.
She was singing Whitney Houston's I Have Nothing.
Chelsea said: "I really didn't think I would win because there were some strong singers in the competition. Everybody was really good so I didn't think I had a chance.
You may also want to watch:
"I didn't win the first prize, but I was really happy winning the audience award.
Chelsea said: "Before I sang I was really nervous, especially standing in front of all those people. But once I got started I loved every minute of it.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Crows to take defeats on the chin after unbeaten run comes to a frustrating end
"I'm definitely going to do it again and, who knows, I may do something like The X-Factor, Simon Cowell wouldn't scare me."
Leilah Fletcher, 16, also of Freman College, joined Chelsea as one of the 14 finalists in the competition hosted by Heartbeat FM DJ Steve Follard.