Dream result for Chelsea
TEENAGER Chelsea O Call-aghan has lived out a dream by singing in front of a live audience. The 14-year-old student at Freman College in Buntingford won the audience appreciation award in the final of the East Herts District Council s annual Pop Luck co
TEENAGER Chelsea O'Call-aghan has lived out a dream by singing in front of a live audience.
The 14-year-old student at Freman College in Buntingford won the audience appreciation award in the final of the East Herts District Council's annual Pop Luck competition.
She was singing Whitney Houston's I Have Nothing.
Chelsea said: "I really didn't think I would win because there were some strong singers in the competition. Everybody was really good so I didn't think I had a chance.
You may also want to watch:
"I didn't win the first prize, but I was really happy winning the audience award.
Chelsea said: "Before I sang I was really nervous, especially standing in front of all those people. But once I got started I loved every minute of it.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Missing teen found safe and well
"I'm definitely going to do it again and, who knows, I may do something like The X-Factor, Simon Cowell wouldn't scare me."
Leilah Fletcher, 16, also of Freman College, joined Chelsea as one of the 14 finalists in the competition hosted by Heartbeat FM DJ Steve Follard.