Dream result for Chelsea
TEENAGER Chelsea O Call-aghan has lived out a dream by singing in front of a live audience. The 14-year-old student at Freman College in Buntingford won the audience appreciation award in the final of the East Herts District Council s annual Pop Luck co
TEENAGER Chelsea O'Call-aghan has lived out a dream by singing in front of a live audience.
The 14-year-old student at Freman College in Buntingford won the audience appreciation award in the final of the East Herts District Council's annual Pop Luck competition.
She was singing Whitney Houston's I Have Nothing.
Chelsea said: "I really didn't think I would win because there were some strong singers in the competition. Everybody was really good so I didn't think I had a chance.
"I didn't win the first prize, but I was really happy winning the audience award.
Chelsea said: "Before I sang I was really nervous, especially standing in front of all those people. But once I got started I loved every minute of it.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 5 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 6 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 7 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 8 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
"I'm definitely going to do it again and, who knows, I may do something like The X-Factor, Simon Cowell wouldn't scare me."
Leilah Fletcher, 16, also of Freman College, joined Chelsea as one of the 14 finalists in the competition hosted by Heartbeat FM DJ Steve Follard.