Draw winner helps hospice
THE LATEST winner of the Isabel Hospice grand draw has donated some of her winnings back to the charity. Lesley Sale of Buntingford scooped £1,000 in the draw. She was presented with her winnings at the Buntingford Isabel Hospice shop by store manager Jan
THE LATEST winner of the Isabel Hospice grand draw has donated some of her winnings back to the charity.
Lesley Sale of Buntingford scooped £1,000 in the draw. She was presented with her winnings at the Buntingford Isabel Hospice shop by store manager Janet Smith.
Lesley said: "I will be 50 soon and it is my 25th wedding anniversary too, so I am putting it towards a cruise in the Mediterranean.
"The hospice looked after my aunt four years ago. They also cared for one of my friends. She was the same age as me and it really brings home to you what care you need when you are so ill."
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Seecombe, head of Isabel Hospice Fund-raising, said: "It was a very kind gesture from Lesley.
"What a lovely coincidence that Lesley won this around her 25th wedding anniversary, in the year that the hospice also celebrates its 25th anniversary."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
For more information on Isabel Hospice, visit www.isabelhospice.org.uk