Draw winner helps hospice
THE LATEST winner of the Isabel Hospice grand draw has donated some of her winnings back to the charity. Lesley Sale of Buntingford scooped £1,000 in the draw. She was presented with her winnings at the Buntingford Isabel Hospice shop by store manager Jan
THE LATEST winner of the Isabel Hospice grand draw has donated some of her winnings back to the charity.
Lesley Sale of Buntingford scooped £1,000 in the draw. She was presented with her winnings at the Buntingford Isabel Hospice shop by store manager Janet Smith.
Lesley said: "I will be 50 soon and it is my 25th wedding anniversary too, so I am putting it towards a cruise in the Mediterranean.
"The hospice looked after my aunt four years ago. They also cared for one of my friends. She was the same age as me and it really brings home to you what care you need when you are so ill."
Lisa Seecombe, head of Isabel Hospice Fund-raising, said: "It was a very kind gesture from Lesley.
"What a lovely coincidence that Lesley won this around her 25th wedding anniversary, in the year that the hospice also celebrates its 25th anniversary."
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
For more information on Isabel Hospice, visit www.isabelhospice.org.uk