Drama group gears up for awards
Pantomime coming up at end of month
DRAMA group Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS) is seeking nominees for its two annual awards.
The Fred Sillence award, named in honour of former member of CADS and editor of The Crow, is given for ‘outstanding contribution to the performing arts,’ while The Lizzie Houghton Award, also named after a former member, is awarded for ‘outstanding contribution to youth drama.’
The first award is open to anyone aged 18 or over and living in Royston or the surrounding villages, who has excelled at drama over the last year.
The only difference with the second award, is that nominees must be no older than 18.
You may also want to watch:
They could be in a school, a club, a theatre or dance group, on stage, backstage, or be involved in music or scriptwriting.
CADS secretary Michael Young said: “Both awards are open to anyone living in Royston and surrounding villages and nominations can be made by anyone from the area.”
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 5 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 6 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 7 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 10 Save pennies and the planet - why you should go along to Sustain-Ability event
To make a nomination, fill in the form in Thursday’s Crow and return it to Sally Rowe, 7 Wortham Road, Royston SG8 9UE, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21.
The awards will be presented at the last performance of this year’s CADS pantomime, which this year is Jack And The Beanstalk.
It is being performed on January 21, 22, 28 and 29 at Greneway School, with Friday performances starting at 7.30pm and Saturdays at both 2pm and 7.30pm.
“We’ve got an exceptionally strong cast this year, plus a great script, some brilliant music and the obligatory pantomime cow,” said Mr Young.
“We’ve even got a surprise or two in store for the audience.
“Ticket sales have been going really well, and this year’s show looks set to do even better than previous ones.”
Tickets for all performances cost �9 and �6 and are available from the CADS box office on 07925 674967.
If you would like more information about the production, please visit the CADS website at www.cadsroyston.org.uk