Drama group gears up for awards
Pantomime coming up at end of month
DRAMA group Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS) is seeking nominees for its two annual awards.
The Fred Sillence award, named in honour of former member of CADS and editor of The Crow, is given for ‘outstanding contribution to the performing arts,’ while The Lizzie Houghton Award, also named after a former member, is awarded for ‘outstanding contribution to youth drama.’
The first award is open to anyone aged 18 or over and living in Royston or the surrounding villages, who has excelled at drama over the last year.
The only difference with the second award, is that nominees must be no older than 18.
They could be in a school, a club, a theatre or dance group, on stage, backstage, or be involved in music or scriptwriting.
CADS secretary Michael Young said: “Both awards are open to anyone living in Royston and surrounding villages and nominations can be made by anyone from the area.”
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 3 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 6 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 7 Royston Photographic Society announces latest competition winners
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
To make a nomination, fill in the form in Thursday’s Crow and return it to Sally Rowe, 7 Wortham Road, Royston SG8 9UE, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21.
The awards will be presented at the last performance of this year’s CADS pantomime, which this year is Jack And The Beanstalk.
It is being performed on January 21, 22, 28 and 29 at Greneway School, with Friday performances starting at 7.30pm and Saturdays at both 2pm and 7.30pm.
“We’ve got an exceptionally strong cast this year, plus a great script, some brilliant music and the obligatory pantomime cow,” said Mr Young.
“We’ve even got a surprise or two in store for the audience.
“Ticket sales have been going really well, and this year’s show looks set to do even better than previous ones.”
Tickets for all performances cost �9 and �6 and are available from the CADS box office on 07925 674967.
If you would like more information about the production, please visit the CADS website at www.cadsroyston.org.uk