Drama group gears up for awards
Pantomime coming up at end of month
DRAMA group Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS) is seeking nominees for its two annual awards.
The Fred Sillence award, named in honour of former member of CADS and editor of The Crow, is given for ‘outstanding contribution to the performing arts,’ while The Lizzie Houghton Award, also named after a former member, is awarded for ‘outstanding contribution to youth drama.’
The first award is open to anyone aged 18 or over and living in Royston or the surrounding villages, who has excelled at drama over the last year.
The only difference with the second award, is that nominees must be no older than 18.
You may also want to watch:
They could be in a school, a club, a theatre or dance group, on stage, backstage, or be involved in music or scriptwriting.
CADS secretary Michael Young said: “Both awards are open to anyone living in Royston and surrounding villages and nominations can be made by anyone from the area.”
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 6 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
To make a nomination, fill in the form in Thursday’s Crow and return it to Sally Rowe, 7 Wortham Road, Royston SG8 9UE, or e-mail email@example.com by January 21.
The awards will be presented at the last performance of this year’s CADS pantomime, which this year is Jack And The Beanstalk.
It is being performed on January 21, 22, 28 and 29 at Greneway School, with Friday performances starting at 7.30pm and Saturdays at both 2pm and 7.30pm.
“We’ve got an exceptionally strong cast this year, plus a great script, some brilliant music and the obligatory pantomime cow,” said Mr Young.
“We’ve even got a surprise or two in store for the audience.
“Ticket sales have been going really well, and this year’s show looks set to do even better than previous ones.”
Tickets for all performances cost �9 and �6 and are available from the CADS box office on 07925 674967.
If you would like more information about the production, please visit the CADS website at www.cadsroyston.org.uk