Drama group aims for festival hat-trick
THE Royston-based drama group Cads is going for a hat-trick at this year s Cambridge Drama Festival. The group will be submitting a one-act play in the hope of the success of last year when its production of Tom Stoppard s A Separate Peace took the top aw
THE Royston-based drama group Cads is going for a hat-trick at this year's Cambridge Drama Festival.
The group will be submitting a one-act play in the hope of the success of last year when its production of Tom Stoppard's A Separate Peace took the top award.
The one-act play received, too, the award for the best cameo role and the audience appreciation award.
This year the group is entering The Case of the Prince Formerly Known as Hamlet.
You may also want to watch:
It is adapted from a radio script and is a surreal and hilarious look at Hamlet through the eyes of a private eye, a hard-bitten, world weary detective in the Humphrey Bogart Sam Spade style.
Auditions for the play will be held at Royston's Greneway School drama studio on Thursday Febraury 7 from 7.30pm.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Police officer cleared of misconduct for stopping driver because he was Black
Director Michael Young is willing to give an advanced script to anyone interested in playing a role.
Work on the one-act play comes after the success this month of its Snow White and the Seven Dwarves pantomime.
# Michael Young is available on 01763 223805.
# The Cambridge Drama Festival will be taking place at the Mumford Theatre, Cambridge, between April 14-19.