Double success for volunteer at Royston Repair Cafe
- Credit: Archant
There was double success for a volunteer at the latest Royston Repair Cafe.
The owner of a lamp and computerised game was delighted after seeing her items repaired at the cafe in the Market Hill Rooms on Sunday.
Dermot Byrne – co-founder of the repair cafe and an ever-present repairer at the event which started more than a year ago – restored the battleship game and put the lamp back into one piece.
The repair cafe team also assessed a food mixer and toaster, two flat-screen televisions, a motorised golf trolley, two cameras and a leather bag that needed sewing.
Out of a total of 27 items presented, the repairers fixed 13 and are still working on three.
You may also want to watch:
Some members of the team will be at the Open Secrets event at Royston Heath on Sunday, June 7.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 6 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease