Double success for volunteer at Royston Repair Cafe
- Credit: Archant
There was double success for a volunteer at the latest Royston Repair Cafe.
The owner of a lamp and computerised game was delighted after seeing her items repaired at the cafe in the Market Hill Rooms on Sunday.
Dermot Byrne – co-founder of the repair cafe and an ever-present repairer at the event which started more than a year ago – restored the battleship game and put the lamp back into one piece.
The repair cafe team also assessed a food mixer and toaster, two flat-screen televisions, a motorised golf trolley, two cameras and a leather bag that needed sewing.
Out of a total of 27 items presented, the repairers fixed 13 and are still working on three.
You may also want to watch:
Some members of the team will be at the Open Secrets event at Royston Heath on Sunday, June 7.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe.
- 1 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 2 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 6 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!