Double success for volunteer at Royston Repair Cafe
- Credit: Archant
There was double success for a volunteer at the latest Royston Repair Cafe.
The owner of a lamp and computerised game was delighted after seeing her items repaired at the cafe in the Market Hill Rooms on Sunday.
Dermot Byrne – co-founder of the repair cafe and an ever-present repairer at the event which started more than a year ago – restored the battleship game and put the lamp back into one piece.
The repair cafe team also assessed a food mixer and toaster, two flat-screen televisions, a motorised golf trolley, two cameras and a leather bag that needed sewing.
Out of a total of 27 items presented, the repairers fixed 13 and are still working on three.
You may also want to watch:
Some members of the team will be at the Open Secrets event at Royston Heath on Sunday, June 7.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up