Double success for Alex
SINGER songwriter Alex Holmes has achieved two notable successes. The 18-year old, who hails from Ashwell, reached the semi-finals of a prestigious song writing contest, and has reached the regional finals of Open Mic Uk. Having never entered a song writi
SINGER songwriter Alex Holmes has achieved two notable successes.
The 18-year old, who hails from Ashwell, reached the semi-finals of a prestigious song writing contest, and has reached the regional finals of Open Mic Uk.
Having never entered a song writing competition before, Alex was "delighted" to reach the semis of the jazz/blues category in the UK Song Writing Contest, with her song, Dreams.
Nicki Holmes, Alex's mum, said: "The contest is dedicated to promoting the art of song writing and the discovery of new talent.
You may also want to watch:
"Alex entered just one song and was delighted that it did so well in a contest that attracts over 6,000 entries in 10 categories of music genre."
When Alex auditioned for the Open Mic UK contest - the national talent competition to search for the UK's best singers and singer/songwriters - she won a place in the regional final.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
This takes place on Sunday, November 1 at the Bedford Corn Exchange where Alex will perform live.
The teenager is hoping to gain more performance experience when she moves to London to study popular music at Goldsmith's College.
In the meantime, locally-based fans can see her perform at The Windmill in Charlton, near Hitchin, on Sunday, October 10, and on Saturday, October 24 at The Plough, Kings Walden. At both these gigs she will play a mixture of original songs, and jazz, blues and pop covers.
For more information on Alex and her music, visit www.myspace.com/al3xholmes