Double decker bus from Anglia Ruskin University zooming into Royston
- Credit: Archant
A PURPLE double-decker will be zooming into Royston on Friday to offer advice to potential university students.
The Roadshow bus, organised by the Outreach team at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge, will deliver information for students, parents and teachers about the process of applying to university, student life, and the benefits of Higher Education.
It will be stopping off at the Meridian School in Royston on Friday.
Rachel Nedwell, who is responsible for outreach at Anglia Ruskin, said: “Unsurprisingly, the current financial climate is causing students to make their decisions carefully and seek high-quality information to inform their judgements.
“However, it is crucial that no students should be deterred from going to university because of cost and it is initiatives like the Anglia Ruskin Roadshow bus that are vital in helping to get this message across.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important that children and their parents realise that nothing has to be paid upfront and that tuition fees are covered by loans from the Government. Repayments on these loans do not begin until the student has graduated and is earning over £21,000.”
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 New care home for Royston unanimously approved