Double decker bus from Anglia Ruskin University zooming into Royston
- Credit: Archant
A PURPLE double-decker will be zooming into Royston on Friday to offer advice to potential university students.
The Roadshow bus, organised by the Outreach team at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge, will deliver information for students, parents and teachers about the process of applying to university, student life, and the benefits of Higher Education.
It will be stopping off at the Meridian School in Royston on Friday.
Rachel Nedwell, who is responsible for outreach at Anglia Ruskin, said: “Unsurprisingly, the current financial climate is causing students to make their decisions carefully and seek high-quality information to inform their judgements.
“However, it is crucial that no students should be deterred from going to university because of cost and it is initiatives like the Anglia Ruskin Roadshow bus that are vital in helping to get this message across.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important that children and their parents realise that nothing has to be paid upfront and that tuition fees are covered by loans from the Government. Repayments on these loans do not begin until the student has graduated and is earning over £21,000.”
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 5 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 6 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 9 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 10 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree