Don't let your left overs go to waste
Don t let the thought of turkey stew and limp veg deter you from using up leftovers during this festive break. Recycling staff at North Herts District Council are suggesting you look at the Glamour From Nothing recipes available on the Love Food Hate Wast
Don't let the thought of turkey stew and limp veg deter you from using up leftovers during this festive break.
Recycling staff at North Herts District Council are suggesting you look at the Glamour From Nothing recipes available on the Love Food Hate Waste website which also features a wide variety of meals using everyday ingredients and leftovers.
They include Christmas Pudding ice cream, turkey noodle soup, carrot cake, Spanish potato tortilla and homemade tomato ketchup.
Every year �12billion of food is thrown away in UK homes - an average of �480 for all households but rising to �680 for families, or more than �50 a month. Much of this could be turned into meals or frozen. The wasted food is a problem for us all as it contributes to global warming and adds to council tax bills.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Lynda Needham, district councilPortfolio Holder for Waste and Recycling, said: "We want everyone to have an enjoyable Christmas this year and the recipes on the Love Food Hate Waste website are designed to help us stick to a budget while being able to create a nice spread for friends and family. The trick is all the ingredients are simple and straightforward."
Look on www.lovefoodhatewaste.com or, for local recycling information, www.north-herts.gov.uk
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double