Dogwalker involved in fatal early morning A10 crash
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has died after she was involved in a serious crash on the A10 this morning.
Just before 4am, the woman, who was in her 70s and walking her brown terrier dog named Holly along the A10 near Reed towards Buntingford, was involved in a collision with a van.
The driver stopped at the scene and contacted the emergency services. Despite the efforts of paramedics, the woman sadly died.
PC Neil Crosier from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “I would like to thank the members of the public who have helped us today to locate the woman’s family so that we could tell them what had happened as soon as possible. They are being supported by specialist officers.
“Our investigation into the circumstances surrounding this collision is on-going and I would like to now appeal to anyone who may have been in the area around the time or saw the woman, who was walking her brown dog, prior to the collision to please get in touch.
“If you have a dash cam fitted to your vehicle and believe you may have captured something that could help our enquiries please also contact me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.”
The dog is still believed to be missing and police are working to find her. If you see the brown terrier-type dog, please contact 101, quoting ISR 48 of 27/11/20.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 3 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 4 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 5 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Barkway village talk to highlight parallels between Putin and Hitler
- 8 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
Large parts of the A10 were closed for more than eight hours today, as emergency services worked at the scene.