Dogs and hamster die after house blaze
TWO dogs and a hamster have died at a house fire in Royston. Firefighters were called to the house, in Chaucer Road, at 10.11am today (Tuesday). Four crews, including two from Royston, and an incident support unit, attended the scene and found the detach
TWO dogs and a hamster have died at house fire in Royston.
Firefighters were called to the house, in Chaucer Road, at 10.11am today (Tuesday). Four crews, including two from Royston, and an incident support unit, attended the scene and found the detached two-storey property alight.
Using two jets and a hose reel, firefighters wearing breathing apparatus brought the blaze under control, and it was extinguished by 11.55am.
The animals were rescued from the house and a vet was called. However they died at the scene. A third dog is receiving treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Hertfordshire fire service said the cause of the fire was unknown, and that an investigative officer is currently at the scene.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images