District and parish election nominations open in South Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Potential district and parish councillors are being asked to step forward.
Nominations for the elections next month opened on Monday with anyone wanting to stand for a seat being asked to pick up a nomination pack from South Cambridgeshire District Council.
Elections will be held for a third of the seats - 19 in total - on the District Council on Thursday, May 22, with some parish councils also electing councillors on the same day.
Anyone who is over 18 years-old and registered to vote in South Cambridgeshire, or has lived, worked or owned property in the district for at least 12 months can generally stand for election.
Jean Hunter, South Cambridgeshire District Council chief executive, said: “Councillors are ordinary people with jobs and families who simply want to make a difference in their area. One day you could be helping someone in your ward and the next you could be voting on an issue which has an impact on the whole district. It is a very rewarding role and if you want to make a difference please think about picking up a nomination pack.”
You may also want to watch:
To vote in the elections you must be registered. If you have not completed a registration form please visit the Electoral Commission’s website – www.aboutmyvote.co.uk – to find out how to do so.
For more information, and to request a nomination pack, contact Andrew Francis, South Cambridgeshire District Council’s Elections Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01954 713014.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
Completed nomination forms must be returned to South Cambridgeshire District Council’s elections team by 4pm on Thursday April 24.