Distraction thieves drive away in workman’s van in Royston town centre
- Credit: Archant
Thieves distracted a tradesman working in a busy street and drove off in his van in Royston last week – and police have now launched a witness appeal.
The incident, which happened in Melbourn Road between 10.50am and 11am last Wednesday – saw a man approach the victim and engage him in conversation while a second man got into his van, a white Ford Transit, and drove it away.
The first offender is described as a white man, of medium build, believed to be in his late teens or early 20s. He had short, dark hair and was wearing dark-coloured shoes, dark-coloured tracksuit trousers and a green jacket.
He left the scene in a Citroen Berlingo van with blue sign writing on the side.
The man who took the Transit is described as a white man, of slim build, and also thought to be in his late teens or early 20s. He also had short, dark hair and was wearing a dark-coloured jacket.
You may also want to watch:
If you saw a van matching the description, or saw any suspicious activity in the area and have not yet spoken with police, call 101 quoting crime reference G4/18/124.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE