Distraction thieves drive away in workman’s van in Royston town centre
- Credit: Archant
Thieves distracted a tradesman working in a busy street and drove off in his van in Royston last week – and police have now launched a witness appeal.
The incident, which happened in Melbourn Road between 10.50am and 11am last Wednesday – saw a man approach the victim and engage him in conversation while a second man got into his van, a white Ford Transit, and drove it away.
The first offender is described as a white man, of medium build, believed to be in his late teens or early 20s. He had short, dark hair and was wearing dark-coloured shoes, dark-coloured tracksuit trousers and a green jacket.
He left the scene in a Citroen Berlingo van with blue sign writing on the side.
The man who took the Transit is described as a white man, of slim build, and also thought to be in his late teens or early 20s. He also had short, dark hair and was wearing a dark-coloured jacket.
You may also want to watch:
If you saw a van matching the description, or saw any suspicious activity in the area and have not yet spoken with police, call 101 quoting crime reference G4/18/124.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims