Distraction burglary attempt in Royston
AN attempted distraction burglary was thwarted in Royston last week.
Three males called at a house in Stake Piece Road on Thursday February 17 saying to the occupant that they were from the water board.
They said there had been a flood I the area and they needed to check underneath the sink, at around 3.30pm.
They eventually left when they were challenged by a neighbour, and made off with no items.
It followed two similar incidents in Radburn Way, Letchworth, on the same day. The intruders left on that occasion when they were asked to provide identification.
Neighbourhood Watch liaison officers warned to be careful when allowing people into your home and to keep a look out for potential burglars in your area.
A statement said: “Please continue to be vigilant and look out for any suspicious individuals in your area, especially those that may be calling on any elderly or vulnerable residents.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 3 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
“Please also remind any elderly or vulnerable residents you may have in your watch to always check the identity of any unexpected callers and if they are in any doubt to call the police immediately on 999.”
If you have noticed any suspicious activity in the area or you have heard of any similar incidents occurring please call 0845 33 00 222.