Distraction burglary attempt in Royston
AN attempted distraction burglary was thwarted in Royston last week.
Three males called at a house in Stake Piece Road on Thursday February 17 saying to the occupant that they were from the water board.
They said there had been a flood I the area and they needed to check underneath the sink, at around 3.30pm.
They eventually left when they were challenged by a neighbour, and made off with no items.
It followed two similar incidents in Radburn Way, Letchworth, on the same day. The intruders left on that occasion when they were asked to provide identification.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbourhood Watch liaison officers warned to be careful when allowing people into your home and to keep a look out for potential burglars in your area.
A statement said: “Please continue to be vigilant and look out for any suspicious individuals in your area, especially those that may be calling on any elderly or vulnerable residents.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
“Please also remind any elderly or vulnerable residents you may have in your watch to always check the identity of any unexpected callers and if they are in any doubt to call the police immediately on 999.”
If you have noticed any suspicious activity in the area or you have heard of any similar incidents occurring please call 0845 33 00 222.