Distraction burglary attempt in Royston
AN attempted distraction burglary was thwarted in Royston last week.
Three males called at a house in Stake Piece Road on Thursday February 17 saying to the occupant that they were from the water board.
They said there had been a flood I the area and they needed to check underneath the sink, at around 3.30pm.
They eventually left when they were challenged by a neighbour, and made off with no items.
It followed two similar incidents in Radburn Way, Letchworth, on the same day. The intruders left on that occasion when they were asked to provide identification.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbourhood Watch liaison officers warned to be careful when allowing people into your home and to keep a look out for potential burglars in your area.
A statement said: “Please continue to be vigilant and look out for any suspicious individuals in your area, especially those that may be calling on any elderly or vulnerable residents.
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
“Please also remind any elderly or vulnerable residents you may have in your watch to always check the identity of any unexpected callers and if they are in any doubt to call the police immediately on 999.”
If you have noticed any suspicious activity in the area or you have heard of any similar incidents occurring please call 0845 33 00 222.