Distraction burglary attempt in Royston
AN attempted distraction burglary was thwarted in Royston last week.
Three males called at a house in Stake Piece Road on Thursday February 17 saying to the occupant that they were from the water board.
They said there had been a flood I the area and they needed to check underneath the sink, at around 3.30pm.
They eventually left when they were challenged by a neighbour, and made off with no items.
It followed two similar incidents in Radburn Way, Letchworth, on the same day. The intruders left on that occasion when they were asked to provide identification.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbourhood Watch liaison officers warned to be careful when allowing people into your home and to keep a look out for potential burglars in your area.
A statement said: “Please continue to be vigilant and look out for any suspicious individuals in your area, especially those that may be calling on any elderly or vulnerable residents.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 4 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
“Please also remind any elderly or vulnerable residents you may have in your watch to always check the identity of any unexpected callers and if they are in any doubt to call the police immediately on 999.”
If you have noticed any suspicious activity in the area or you have heard of any similar incidents occurring please call 0845 33 00 222.