Distraction burglary attempt in Royston
AN attempted distraction burglary was thwarted in Royston last week.
Three males called at a house in Stake Piece Road on Thursday February 17 saying to the occupant that they were from the water board.
They said there had been a flood I the area and they needed to check underneath the sink, at around 3.30pm.
They eventually left when they were challenged by a neighbour, and made off with no items.
It followed two similar incidents in Radburn Way, Letchworth, on the same day. The intruders left on that occasion when they were asked to provide identification.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbourhood Watch liaison officers warned to be careful when allowing people into your home and to keep a look out for potential burglars in your area.
A statement said: “Please continue to be vigilant and look out for any suspicious individuals in your area, especially those that may be calling on any elderly or vulnerable residents.
- 1 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Letchworth triumph over Royston in inaugural match
“Please also remind any elderly or vulnerable residents you may have in your watch to always check the identity of any unexpected callers and if they are in any doubt to call the police immediately on 999.”
If you have noticed any suspicious activity in the area or you have heard of any similar incidents occurring please call 0845 33 00 222.