Dinosaur on the loose at village school
STRANGE happenings were afoot at a village school when pupils discovered a giant egg had hatched on the school field. The egg – and a series of enormous footprints – had appeared at Sandon Junior school when pupils arrived on Monday morning, apparently l
STRANGE happenings were afoot at a village school when pupils discovered a giant egg had hatched on the school field.
The egg - and a series of enormous footprints - had appeared at Sandon Junior school when pupils arrived on Monday morning, apparently left by a prehistoric visitor that had stopped in the grounds of the school over the weekend.
To help them solve the mystery, they recruited "experts" from Freman College, Buntingford.
A spokesman for the school said: "The children were really excited, and had a great time drawing pictures of what they thought might have hatched from the egg.
You may also want to watch:
"They also made models of what the creature would eat out of salt dough, and did some pieces of writing about the incident," she said.
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!