Dinosaur on the loose at village school
STRANGE happenings were afoot at a village school when pupils discovered a giant egg had hatched on the school field. The egg – and a series of enormous footprints – had appeared at Sandon Junior school when pupils arrived on Monday morning, apparently l
STRANGE happenings were afoot at a village school when pupils discovered a giant egg had hatched on the school field.
The egg - and a series of enormous footprints - had appeared at Sandon Junior school when pupils arrived on Monday morning, apparently left by a prehistoric visitor that had stopped in the grounds of the school over the weekend.
To help them solve the mystery, they recruited "experts" from Freman College, Buntingford.
A spokesman for the school said: "The children were really excited, and had a great time drawing pictures of what they thought might have hatched from the egg.
You may also want to watch:
"They also made models of what the creature would eat out of salt dough, and did some pieces of writing about the incident," she said.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 6 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 10 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow