Dinosaur on the loose at village school
STRANGE happenings were afoot at a village school when pupils discovered a giant egg had hatched on the school field. The egg – and a series of enormous footprints – had appeared at Sandon Junior school when pupils arrived on Monday morning, apparently l
STRANGE happenings were afoot at a village school when pupils discovered a giant egg had hatched on the school field.
The egg - and a series of enormous footprints - had appeared at Sandon Junior school when pupils arrived on Monday morning, apparently left by a prehistoric visitor that had stopped in the grounds of the school over the weekend.
To help them solve the mystery, they recruited "experts" from Freman College, Buntingford.
A spokesman for the school said: "The children were really excited, and had a great time drawing pictures of what they thought might have hatched from the egg.
You may also want to watch:
"They also made models of what the creature would eat out of salt dough, and did some pieces of writing about the incident," she said.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 3 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?