Diners evacuated from Croydon restaurant after bin fire
- Credit: Archant
Diners were evacuated at a restaurant in Croydon yesterday evening after a fire which started in a bin out the back began spreading to the building.
Fire crews from Papworth and Cambridge were called to the incident at The Queen Adelaide – home of the Wood Grill restaurant – in High Street.
Cambs fire service spokesman said: “Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a bin that was spreading to a restaurant.
“Using a hose reel the crews extinguished the fire and returned to their stations by 9.30pm.
“The restaurant was safely evacuated as a precaution and cause of the fire was accidental.”
You may also want to watch:
Wood Grill chef Sam Mahroug told the Crow: “It started in a bin out the back and reached the wall of the building. We would like to thank the fire service for their quick response.”
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?