Diners evacuated from Croydon restaurant after bin fire
PUBLISHED: 10:53 26 October 2017
Diners were evacuated at a restaurant in Croydon yesterday evening after a fire which started in a bin out the back began spreading to the building.
Fire crews from Papworth and Cambridge were called to the incident at The Queen Adelaide – home of the Wood Grill restaurant – in High Street.
Cambs fire service spokesman said: “Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a bin that was spreading to a restaurant.
“Using a hose reel the crews extinguished the fire and returned to their stations by 9.30pm.
“The restaurant was safely evacuated as a precaution and cause of the fire was accidental.”
Wood Grill chef Sam Mahroug told the Crow: “It started in a bin out the back and reached the wall of the building. We would like to thank the fire service for their quick response.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Royston Crow. Click the link in the orange box above for details.