Diners evacuated from Croydon restaurant after bin fire

PUBLISHED: 10:53 26 October 2017

Firefighters tackled a bin fire outside a restaurant in Croydon last night.

Firefighters tackled a bin fire outside a restaurant in Croydon last night.

Archant

Diners were evacuated at a restaurant in Croydon yesterday evening after a fire which started in a bin out the back began spreading to the building.

Fire crews from Papworth and Cambridge were called to the incident at The Queen Adelaide – home of the Wood Grill restaurant – in High Street.

Cambs fire service spokesman said: “Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a bin that was spreading to a restaurant.

“Using a hose reel the crews extinguished the fire and returned to their stations by 9.30pm.

“The restaurant was safely evacuated as a precaution and cause of the fire was accidental.”

Wood Grill chef Sam Mahroug told the Crow: “It started in a bin out the back and reached the wall of the building. We would like to thank the fire service for their quick response.”

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Royston Crow visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Royston Crow staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Royston Crow account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

More news stories

Nearly 200 potential buyers – including those from hoteliers and care providers- have expressed interest in acquiring Shire Hall, Cambridge, the historic headquarters of Cambridgeshire County Council.

The vicar of St John the Baptist Church in Royston has thanked the community for its “outpouring of concern” following a fire at the site on Sunday, which left many shocked and devastated.

Women in east and north Hertfordshire have been waiting up to 14 weeks for the results of life-saving cervical screening tests – seven times longer than the NHS target.

Yesterday, 18:19

Police have issued another appeal for witnesses following the devastating blaze at a Royston church yesterday.

Most read stories

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Royston Crow e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Royston Crow weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy