Did you help broken bike man?
- Credit: Archant
DID you help this stranded man get home?
John Crosher, 71, had just arrived at the Newsplus newsagent in Royston when his bike collapsed under him.
He was stuck several miles away from his home when a man and woman, both in their 30s, offered him a lift home in their white van.
Mr Crosher said: “I would like to pass my heartfelt thanks to the couple who came to my assistance when my bike frame, without warning, split into two halves under me. They very kindly helped me up and took me home with the broken bike in their van.
“I would like to thank them more personally but, in my distress, I did not remember their names. I would be delighted if they could get in touch with me through the Crow.”
You may also want to watch:
If it was you who helped Mr Crosher get home on June 30, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Lorry driver's dismay as 'booming' station announcements keep him awake after night work
- 2 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 3 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 4 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 5 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 6 Royston Cricket Club gearing up for a very busy season
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash