‘Music and puddings, what’s not to like!’ – Litlington to host Dessert Island Discs evening
- Credit: Archant
A music evening with a twist is taking part this weekend in Litlington Village Hall.
Curate Rev Ann Bol will be selecting her favourite pieces of music and talking about her life as part of a ‘Dessert Island Discs’ event – with a range of desserts on offer for supper.
In homage to the BBC Radio 4 programme Desert Island Discs, Ann will be choosing her favourite pieces of music for the fundraiser – which hopes to raise enough cash for the village’s St Catherine’s Church project to install kitchen and toilet facilities.
Ann Lynn, who will be taking on the role of Kirsty Young to interview the curate, said: “This is a great way for people to come along and find out about Ann and her life before she became a curate.
“There will be some surprises, I’m sure, in store for those who think they know what sort of music to expect. An evening of music and puddings – what’s not to like?”
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on Saturday evening at 7pm, tickets cost £10 – call 01763 852974 or 01763 852425. There is also a cash bar.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued