Designer sandals for a fiver? Must be the Arrington village hall sale
- Credit: Archant
A vintage clothes sale has raised more than £1,000 for essential village hall refurbishments.
A range of designer bargains were picked up at the The Clothing and This and That Sale in Arrington – including brand new Chanel sandals for a fiver.
The sale was the brainchild of Penny Findlay. She said: “The event was very well attended in spite of, or because of, the wet weather. Most people asked how soon we could do another one.
“The other members of the small committee were all brilliant. Thanks to various local ladies who also helped on stalls and thanks to all who came.”
One customer on her way to Cambridge to spend mega-bucks stopped by the sale and bought her entire outfit for under £20 – including hat and shoes.
You may also want to watch:
The unsold items were donated to Wood Green Animal Shelter, Cancer Research UK, Barnardo’s, Age UK and Oxfam.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash