Designer sandals for a fiver? Must be the Arrington village hall sale
- Credit: Archant
A vintage clothes sale has raised more than £1,000 for essential village hall refurbishments.
A range of designer bargains were picked up at the The Clothing and This and That Sale in Arrington – including brand new Chanel sandals for a fiver.
The sale was the brainchild of Penny Findlay. She said: “The event was very well attended in spite of, or because of, the wet weather. Most people asked how soon we could do another one.
“The other members of the small committee were all brilliant. Thanks to various local ladies who also helped on stalls and thanks to all who came.”
One customer on her way to Cambridge to spend mega-bucks stopped by the sale and bought her entire outfit for under £20 – including hat and shoes.
You may also want to watch:
The unsold items were donated to Wood Green Animal Shelter, Cancer Research UK, Barnardo’s, Age UK and Oxfam.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation