Designer sandals for a fiver? Must be the Arrington village hall sale
- Credit: Archant
A vintage clothes sale has raised more than £1,000 for essential village hall refurbishments.
A range of designer bargains were picked up at the The Clothing and This and That Sale in Arrington – including brand new Chanel sandals for a fiver.
The sale was the brainchild of Penny Findlay. She said: “The event was very well attended in spite of, or because of, the wet weather. Most people asked how soon we could do another one.
“The other members of the small committee were all brilliant. Thanks to various local ladies who also helped on stalls and thanks to all who came.”
One customer on her way to Cambridge to spend mega-bucks stopped by the sale and bought her entire outfit for under £20 – including hat and shoes.
You may also want to watch:
The unsold items were donated to Wood Green Animal Shelter, Cancer Research UK, Barnardo’s, Age UK and Oxfam.
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 7 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 8 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 9 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?