Designer sandals for a fiver? Must be the Arrington village hall sale
- Credit: Archant
A vintage clothes sale has raised more than £1,000 for essential village hall refurbishments.
A range of designer bargains were picked up at the The Clothing and This and That Sale in Arrington – including brand new Chanel sandals for a fiver.
The sale was the brainchild of Penny Findlay. She said: “The event was very well attended in spite of, or because of, the wet weather. Most people asked how soon we could do another one.
“The other members of the small committee were all brilliant. Thanks to various local ladies who also helped on stalls and thanks to all who came.”
One customer on her way to Cambridge to spend mega-bucks stopped by the sale and bought her entire outfit for under £20 – including hat and shoes.
The unsold items were donated to Wood Green Animal Shelter, Cancer Research UK, Barnardo’s, Age UK and Oxfam.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'