Designer sandals for a fiver? Must be the Arrington village hall sale
- Credit: Archant
A vintage clothes sale has raised more than £1,000 for essential village hall refurbishments.
A range of designer bargains were picked up at the The Clothing and This and That Sale in Arrington – including brand new Chanel sandals for a fiver.
The sale was the brainchild of Penny Findlay. She said: “The event was very well attended in spite of, or because of, the wet weather. Most people asked how soon we could do another one.
“The other members of the small committee were all brilliant. Thanks to various local ladies who also helped on stalls and thanks to all who came.”
One customer on her way to Cambridge to spend mega-bucks stopped by the sale and bought her entire outfit for under £20 – including hat and shoes.
You may also want to watch:
The unsold items were donated to Wood Green Animal Shelter, Cancer Research UK, Barnardo’s, Age UK and Oxfam.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm