Deadline approaching for Royston in Bloom
THERE is still a week left for Crow country’s gardeners to enter this year’s Royston in Bloom competition.
The competition this year has seen a change in categories with the introduction of two new sections.
Royston in Bloom committee chairman Les Baker said: “We are attempting to widen the range of entries as must as possible and be more innovative this year.”
“The new categories for the competition are Grow-a-Boot and for nursery and toddler groups a Plant and Decorate a Pot section.
“Although we have already received a number of entries for the competition it would be good to see more.”
You may also want to watch:
Other categories are be for best front garden (including container garden and low maintenance); best kept street or community area; best young persons project from a school or club and best kept allotment.
This year’s competitions have been sponsored by the Rotary Club of Royston. “The support we have received from the Rotary Club of Royston will help enormously,” said Mr Baker.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
The deadline to enter the competition is Wednesday 26 June 2013 and entry forms are available online at www.roystontowncouncil.gov.uk or from Royston Town Hall.
In September, Royston in Bloom will be running it annual Tallest Sunflower contest and entry forms are available, too, online or from the town hall. The closing date for the contest is 12 September 2013.