Deadline approaching for Royston in Bloom
THERE is still a week left for Crow country’s gardeners to enter this year’s Royston in Bloom competition.
The competition this year has seen a change in categories with the introduction of two new sections.
Royston in Bloom committee chairman Les Baker said: “We are attempting to widen the range of entries as must as possible and be more innovative this year.”
“The new categories for the competition are Grow-a-Boot and for nursery and toddler groups a Plant and Decorate a Pot section.
“Although we have already received a number of entries for the competition it would be good to see more.”
Other categories are be for best front garden (including container garden and low maintenance); best kept street or community area; best young persons project from a school or club and best kept allotment.
This year’s competitions have been sponsored by the Rotary Club of Royston. “The support we have received from the Rotary Club of Royston will help enormously,” said Mr Baker.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 8 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
The deadline to enter the competition is Wednesday 26 June 2013 and entry forms are available online at www.roystontowncouncil.gov.uk or from Royston Town Hall.
In September, Royston in Bloom will be running it annual Tallest Sunflower contest and entry forms are available, too, online or from the town hall. The closing date for the contest is 12 September 2013.