Deadline approaching for Royston in Bloom
THERE is still a week left for Crow country’s gardeners to enter this year’s Royston in Bloom competition.
The competition this year has seen a change in categories with the introduction of two new sections.
Royston in Bloom committee chairman Les Baker said: “We are attempting to widen the range of entries as must as possible and be more innovative this year.”
“The new categories for the competition are Grow-a-Boot and for nursery and toddler groups a Plant and Decorate a Pot section.
“Although we have already received a number of entries for the competition it would be good to see more.”
You may also want to watch:
Other categories are be for best front garden (including container garden and low maintenance); best kept street or community area; best young persons project from a school or club and best kept allotment.
This year’s competitions have been sponsored by the Rotary Club of Royston. “The support we have received from the Rotary Club of Royston will help enormously,” said Mr Baker.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
The deadline to enter the competition is Wednesday 26 June 2013 and entry forms are available online at www.roystontowncouncil.gov.uk or from Royston Town Hall.
In September, Royston in Bloom will be running it annual Tallest Sunflower contest and entry forms are available, too, online or from the town hall. The closing date for the contest is 12 September 2013.