Date announced for new Royston school meeting as Greneway, Roysia and Meridian parents invited to have their say
- Credit: Archant
The date has been announced for the Royston Schools Academy Trust’s meeting on the proposals which will see three of the town’s schools merge to form one academy.
The plans will see Roysia and Greneway middle schools and Meridian School – which are all governed by RSAT – become one entity with Laura Rawlings at the helm.
Roysia and Greneway headteacher Laura Rawlings, who will be attending the meeting, told the Crow: “It will be an opportunity for current parents of children from all three schools to hear from the chairman Carol Boston of the trust on the proposals.
“It’s a chance for them to share their feedback – it’s a chance to shape the school.”
Where the new school will be based and the name of the school will be among the discussion points.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting takes place at Greneway in Garden Walk from 6.30pm on Thursday, September 28.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Missing teen found safe and well
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab