Date announced for new Royston school meeting as Greneway, Roysia and Meridian parents invited to have their say
- Credit: Archant
The date has been announced for the Royston Schools Academy Trust’s meeting on the proposals which will see three of the town’s schools merge to form one academy.
The plans will see Roysia and Greneway middle schools and Meridian School – which are all governed by RSAT – become one entity with Laura Rawlings at the helm.
Roysia and Greneway headteacher Laura Rawlings, who will be attending the meeting, told the Crow: “It will be an opportunity for current parents of children from all three schools to hear from the chairman Carol Boston of the trust on the proposals.
“It’s a chance for them to share their feedback – it’s a chance to shape the school.”
Where the new school will be based and the name of the school will be among the discussion points.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting takes place at Greneway in Garden Walk from 6.30pm on Thursday, September 28.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator