Darts ace Joel hits the bullseye with a present from world champion Phil "the power" Taylor
A YOUNGSTER hit the bullseye when he received a special present from darts world champion Phil The Power Taylor. Joel Salerno, five, of Hausmann Avenue, Royston, was presented with darts and a signed board after meeting Taylor at the world championships
A YOUNGSTER hit the bullseye when he received a special present from darts world champion Phil "The Power" Taylor.
Joel Salerno, five, of Hausmann Avenue, Royston, was presented with darts and a signed board after meeting Taylor at the world championships at Alexandra Palace last week.
Tricia Salerno, Joel's mum, said: "Joel's chuffed to bits. He's been playing darts since he was 18 months old and The Power is one of his favourite players, he's always singing his songs around the house."
The Salerno family visited the world championships on New Year's Day, and Taylor picked Joel to receive his match darts after seeing off Adrian Lewis 5-0 in his quarter final.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Salerno added that Roman Way First School pupil Joel hopes to enter the world championships himself when he is older.
She said: "He already practices for two to three hours every day, and wants to be a professional when he grows up.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 4 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 5 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 8 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 10 Photographic Society plans new ventures as lockdown eases