Darts ace Joel hits the bullseye with a present from world champion Phil "the power" Taylor
A YOUNGSTER hit the bullseye when he received a special present from darts world champion Phil The Power Taylor. Joel Salerno, five, of Hausmann Avenue, Royston, was presented with darts and a signed board after meeting Taylor at the world championships
A YOUNGSTER hit the bullseye when he received a special present from darts world champion Phil "The Power" Taylor.
Joel Salerno, five, of Hausmann Avenue, Royston, was presented with darts and a signed board after meeting Taylor at the world championships at Alexandra Palace last week.
Tricia Salerno, Joel's mum, said: "Joel's chuffed to bits. He's been playing darts since he was 18 months old and The Power is one of his favourite players, he's always singing his songs around the house."
The Salerno family visited the world championships on New Year's Day, and Taylor picked Joel to receive his match darts after seeing off Adrian Lewis 5-0 in his quarter final.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Salerno added that Roman Way First School pupil Joel hopes to enter the world championships himself when he is older.
She said: "He already practices for two to three hours every day, and wants to be a professional when he grows up.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 4 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show