Darts ace Joel hits the bullseye with a present from world champion Phil "the power" Taylor
A YOUNGSTER hit the bullseye when he received a special present from darts world champion Phil The Power Taylor. Joel Salerno, five, of Hausmann Avenue, Royston, was presented with darts and a signed board after meeting Taylor at the world championships
A YOUNGSTER hit the bullseye when he received a special present from darts world champion Phil "The Power" Taylor.
Joel Salerno, five, of Hausmann Avenue, Royston, was presented with darts and a signed board after meeting Taylor at the world championships at Alexandra Palace last week.
Tricia Salerno, Joel's mum, said: "Joel's chuffed to bits. He's been playing darts since he was 18 months old and The Power is one of his favourite players, he's always singing his songs around the house."
The Salerno family visited the world championships on New Year's Day, and Taylor picked Joel to receive his match darts after seeing off Adrian Lewis 5-0 in his quarter final.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Salerno added that Roman Way First School pupil Joel hopes to enter the world championships himself when he is older.
She said: "He already practices for two to three hours every day, and wants to be a professional when he grows up.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double