Dancing to success
A DANCE school based in Steeple Morden is celebrating, after scooping a host of awards at the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing Grand Finals. Members of the Deville School of Dance, wowed judges at the event, which was held the Tower Ballroom in Bla
A DANCE school based in Steeple Morden is celebrating, after scooping a host of awards at the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing Grand Finals.
Members of the Deville School of Dance, wowed judges at the event, which was held the Tower Ballroom in Blackpool, with a variety of ballroom dancing, Latin American and classical sequences.
The dancers have been working hard all year and reached the national finals after some impressive displays in their respective heats.
Natalie Faulkner won the Under 12 National title in the Latin and classical sequences, while Alice McCarty, 10, won the Under 12 Pre Bronze National title in the Latin section.
You may also want to watch:
Other successes included six-year-old Isobel Rose, and Royston teenagers Rowene Walmesley and Sara Sutcliffe.
Dance teacher, Harriet Walmesley said: "I am delighted with all the of the girls - they danced beautifully."
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
The Deville School of Dance runs classes in both Steeple Morden and Papworth Everard. For more information contact Mrs Walmesley at www.devilledance.co.uk