Dancing to success
A DANCE school based in Steeple Morden is celebrating, after scooping a host of awards at the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing Grand Finals. Members of the Deville School of Dance, wowed judges at the event, which was held the Tower Ballroom in Bla
A DANCE school based in Steeple Morden is celebrating, after scooping a host of awards at the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing Grand Finals.
Members of the Deville School of Dance, wowed judges at the event, which was held the Tower Ballroom in Blackpool, with a variety of ballroom dancing, Latin American and classical sequences.
The dancers have been working hard all year and reached the national finals after some impressive displays in their respective heats.
Natalie Faulkner won the Under 12 National title in the Latin and classical sequences, while Alice McCarty, 10, won the Under 12 Pre Bronze National title in the Latin section.
You may also want to watch:
Other successes included six-year-old Isobel Rose, and Royston teenagers Rowene Walmesley and Sara Sutcliffe.
Dance teacher, Harriet Walmesley said: "I am delighted with all the of the girls - they danced beautifully."
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
The Deville School of Dance runs classes in both Steeple Morden and Papworth Everard. For more information contact Mrs Walmesley at www.devilledance.co.uk