Dancing to success
A DANCE school based in Steeple Morden is celebrating, after scooping a host of awards at the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing Grand Finals. Members of the Deville School of Dance, wowed judges at the event, which was held the Tower Ballroom in Bla
A DANCE school based in Steeple Morden is celebrating, after scooping a host of awards at the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing Grand Finals.
Members of the Deville School of Dance, wowed judges at the event, which was held the Tower Ballroom in Blackpool, with a variety of ballroom dancing, Latin American and classical sequences.
The dancers have been working hard all year and reached the national finals after some impressive displays in their respective heats.
Natalie Faulkner won the Under 12 National title in the Latin and classical sequences, while Alice McCarty, 10, won the Under 12 Pre Bronze National title in the Latin section.
Other successes included six-year-old Isobel Rose, and Royston teenagers Rowene Walmesley and Sara Sutcliffe.
Dance teacher, Harriet Walmesley said: "I am delighted with all the of the girls - they danced beautifully."
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 3 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 4 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 5 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 10 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
The Deville School of Dance runs classes in both Steeple Morden and Papworth Everard. For more information contact Mrs Walmesley at www.devilledance.co.uk