Dancing to success
A DANCE school based in Steeple Morden is celebrating, after scooping a host of awards at the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing Grand Finals. Members of the Deville School of Dance, wowed judges at the event, which was held the Tower Ballroom in Bla
A DANCE school based in Steeple Morden is celebrating, after scooping a host of awards at the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing Grand Finals.
Members of the Deville School of Dance, wowed judges at the event, which was held the Tower Ballroom in Blackpool, with a variety of ballroom dancing, Latin American and classical sequences.
The dancers have been working hard all year and reached the national finals after some impressive displays in their respective heats.
Natalie Faulkner won the Under 12 National title in the Latin and classical sequences, while Alice McCarty, 10, won the Under 12 Pre Bronze National title in the Latin section.
You may also want to watch:
Other successes included six-year-old Isobel Rose, and Royston teenagers Rowene Walmesley and Sara Sutcliffe.
Dance teacher, Harriet Walmesley said: "I am delighted with all the of the girls - they danced beautifully."
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
The Deville School of Dance runs classes in both Steeple Morden and Papworth Everard. For more information contact Mrs Walmesley at www.devilledance.co.uk