Dance pupils on their toes
A DANCING school has maintained a 100 per cent pass rate for a third year. Forty-one pupils from five-13, from Buntingford Ballet School took classical ballet exams recognised by the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing – and all passed with either a m
A DANCING school has maintained a 100 per cent pass rate for a third year.
Forty-one pupils from five-13, from Buntingford Ballet School took classical ballet exams recognised by the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing - and all passed with either a merit or a distinction.
It was a fine way to mark the school's 300th exam.
School principal Philippa McMeechan said: "It's a fantastic achievement which exceeded our expectations."
You may also want to watch:
Pupils had been preparing for the exam for the past year and were marked on musicality, artistry, and technical ability, so they had to work on their performance as well as interpretation of music.
Philippa said: "They were really excited and pleased they had all passed, but they deserved it, because they worked very hard.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
"For some pupils it was their first exam so they did particularly well because they didn't know what to expect."
Anyone who would like more information about the dance school should contact Philippa on 01763 271010.