Dance pupils on their toes
A DANCING school has maintained a 100 per cent pass rate for a third year. Forty-one pupils from five-13, from Buntingford Ballet School took classical ballet exams recognised by the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing – and all passed with either a m
A DANCING school has maintained a 100 per cent pass rate for a third year.
Forty-one pupils from five-13, from Buntingford Ballet School took classical ballet exams recognised by the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing - and all passed with either a merit or a distinction.
It was a fine way to mark the school's 300th exam.
School principal Philippa McMeechan said: "It's a fantastic achievement which exceeded our expectations."
You may also want to watch:
Pupils had been preparing for the exam for the past year and were marked on musicality, artistry, and technical ability, so they had to work on their performance as well as interpretation of music.
Philippa said: "They were really excited and pleased they had all passed, but they deserved it, because they worked very hard.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
"For some pupils it was their first exam so they did particularly well because they didn't know what to expect."
Anyone who would like more information about the dance school should contact Philippa on 01763 271010.