Dance, dance, dance
THE Rambert Dance Company visited Melbourn Village College to teach students the repertoire from the dance work Ghost Dances. The Rambert Dance Company is the oldest dance company in Britain – and is a flagship for modern dance. Twenty students took par
THE Rambert Dance Company visited Melbourn Village College to teach students the repertoire from the dance work Ghost Dances.
The Rambert Dance Company is the oldest dance company in Britain - and is a flagship for modern dance.
Twenty students took part in the workshop, taught by dance animateur Kirsty Mathieson.
The Year 8 students learned routines taken from the Christopher Bruce-choreographed Ghost Dances.
You may also want to watch:
Arts assistant Allison Friday, who helped organise the workshop, said: "The students enjoyed learning from one of Rambert's dancers. They all worked really hard and got a lot out of the workshop.
"Kirsty commented on how good they all were and said that they were well above the GCSE standard."
- 1 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 2 Police force welcomes plans for council to tackle parking woes
- 3 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 10 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'
Dance teacher Jo Bloor said: "This was an excellent opportunity for pupils to develop their understanding of contemporary dance."
The school hopes the students will incorporate some of the lesson in their own routines.
The students are currently in the process of putting together a performance for primary schools in the area.