Damaged car stolen from Royston layby
A CAR involved in a collision that was awaiting recovery was last week stolen from a layby on the A505 near Royston.
The silver Ford Fiesta, was taken on Friday after earlier being involved in an accident and the vehicle had been damaged.
It is believed the car was stolen between 4pm and 10.15pm.
PC Simon Klust is investigating and said: “It is likely that the vehicle was stolen using a recovery vehicle and I would urge anyone who believes they saw the car being taken away during this time frame to call police as soon as possible.
“The car had received significant damage and I would ask if anyone has encountered a silver Ford Fiesta with damage to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police via the non-emergency number, 101.
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 5 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 6 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 7 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 Village church receives 'lifeline' grant from government
- 10 Herts COVID-19 infection rate falls below one in a thousand