Dalek attack planned for Royston Arts festival
A DALEK invasion is set to take place during this year’s Royston Arts Festival.
Plans for the alien assault were revealed at the arts festival’s annual meeting on Thursday evening.
The attack will see the Charity Dalek Squad in town on Saturday, September 29, and there is the possibility other Dr Who monsters such as Cybermen may also appear.
During the afternoon people will have the opportunity to question the Daleks at special events.
And four people will have the chance to become judges in the X-terminate Factor - a contest revealing the singing qualities of Daleks.
During the “invasion” the Daleks will be collecting donations for the Royston and South Cambridgeshire Home-Start.
Festival chairman Graham Palmer said: “This is really something different and we hope it captures people’s imagination as the adventures of the Daleks and Dr Who cover several generations.”
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
A colour-in Dalek poster and details of how to become a judge in the X-terminate Factor are available on the website at RoystonArtsFestival.org
Anyone wanting to put on an event for the arts festival this year, or help during the festival from September 27-30, should visit the website and submit details before April 28.