Dalek attack planned for Royston Arts festival
A DALEK invasion is set to take place during this year’s Royston Arts Festival.
Plans for the alien assault were revealed at the arts festival’s annual meeting on Thursday evening.
The attack will see the Charity Dalek Squad in town on Saturday, September 29, and there is the possibility other Dr Who monsters such as Cybermen may also appear.
During the afternoon people will have the opportunity to question the Daleks at special events.
And four people will have the chance to become judges in the X-terminate Factor - a contest revealing the singing qualities of Daleks.
You may also want to watch:
During the “invasion” the Daleks will be collecting donations for the Royston and South Cambridgeshire Home-Start.
Festival chairman Graham Palmer said: “This is really something different and we hope it captures people’s imagination as the adventures of the Daleks and Dr Who cover several generations.”
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 7 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Fabulous Foodies Festival is good to go at Cambridge this summer
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
A colour-in Dalek poster and details of how to become a judge in the X-terminate Factor are available on the website at RoystonArtsFestival.org
Anyone wanting to put on an event for the arts festival this year, or help during the festival from September 27-30, should visit the website and submit details before April 28.