Dalek attack planned for Royston Arts festival
A DALEK invasion is set to take place during this year’s Royston Arts Festival.
Plans for the alien assault were revealed at the arts festival’s annual meeting on Thursday evening.
The attack will see the Charity Dalek Squad in town on Saturday, September 29, and there is the possibility other Dr Who monsters such as Cybermen may also appear.
During the afternoon people will have the opportunity to question the Daleks at special events.
And four people will have the chance to become judges in the X-terminate Factor - a contest revealing the singing qualities of Daleks.
You may also want to watch:
During the “invasion” the Daleks will be collecting donations for the Royston and South Cambridgeshire Home-Start.
Festival chairman Graham Palmer said: “This is really something different and we hope it captures people’s imagination as the adventures of the Daleks and Dr Who cover several generations.”
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
A colour-in Dalek poster and details of how to become a judge in the X-terminate Factor are available on the website at RoystonArtsFestival.org
Anyone wanting to put on an event for the arts festival this year, or help during the festival from September 27-30, should visit the website and submit details before April 28.