Dalek attack planned for Royston Arts festival
A DALEK invasion is set to take place during this year’s Royston Arts Festival.
Plans for the alien assault were revealed at the arts festival’s annual meeting on Thursday evening.
The attack will see the Charity Dalek Squad in town on Saturday, September 29, and there is the possibility other Dr Who monsters such as Cybermen may also appear.
During the afternoon people will have the opportunity to question the Daleks at special events.
And four people will have the chance to become judges in the X-terminate Factor - a contest revealing the singing qualities of Daleks.
You may also want to watch:
During the “invasion” the Daleks will be collecting donations for the Royston and South Cambridgeshire Home-Start.
Festival chairman Graham Palmer said: “This is really something different and we hope it captures people’s imagination as the adventures of the Daleks and Dr Who cover several generations.”
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
A colour-in Dalek poster and details of how to become a judge in the X-terminate Factor are available on the website at RoystonArtsFestival.org
Anyone wanting to put on an event for the arts festival this year, or help during the festival from September 27-30, should visit the website and submit details before April 28.