Customers rally for pet cause
Animal shelter staff will be visiting Tesco in Royston this weekend. Wood Green Animal Shelter at Heydon will be on hand to give advice to animal-lovers tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday. There will also be information stands, small animals, including rabbit
Animal shelter staff will be visiting Tesco in Royston this weekend.
Wood Green Animal Shelter at Heydon will be on hand to give advice to animal-lovers tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday.
There will also be information stands, small animals, including rabbits, and fun and games for children.
Animal shelter manager Gay Baxter said: "We will also be holding a rabbit welfare session, because they are notoriously badly treated."
You may also want to watch:
Animal shelter staff will be at Tesco from 10am-4pm, collecting donations.
n A pet food donation bin, introduced last month at Tesco, is a great success. The shelter benefits from up to 12 trays of pet food and treats each week.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
"We are absolutely delighted," said Gay.
Another bin will be introduced at Phillimore Garden Centre, Melbourn.
If anyone would like to make a donation call the shelter hotline on 0870 3824788.
n Wright's Mower Centre in Shepreth will be holding a two-day fund-raising event in aid of the animal shelter on April 22-23.
Organiser John Wright, who runs the garden machinery specialist's, said: "Obviously, we're hoping the event will be a huge success and raise as much money as possible.
"We've been working with Heydon for the past seven years and have regularly donated machinery.
"We will try to make the event an annual activity.