Customers rally for pet cause
Animal shelter staff will be visiting Tesco in Royston this weekend. Wood Green Animal Shelter at Heydon will be on hand to give advice to animal-lovers tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday. There will also be information stands, small animals, including rabbit
Animal shelter staff will be visiting Tesco in Royston this weekend.
Wood Green Animal Shelter at Heydon will be on hand to give advice to animal-lovers tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday.
There will also be information stands, small animals, including rabbits, and fun and games for children.
Animal shelter manager Gay Baxter said: "We will also be holding a rabbit welfare session, because they are notoriously badly treated."
You may also want to watch:
Animal shelter staff will be at Tesco from 10am-4pm, collecting donations.
n A pet food donation bin, introduced last month at Tesco, is a great success. The shelter benefits from up to 12 trays of pet food and treats each week.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
"We are absolutely delighted," said Gay.
Another bin will be introduced at Phillimore Garden Centre, Melbourn.
If anyone would like to make a donation call the shelter hotline on 0870 3824788.
n Wright's Mower Centre in Shepreth will be holding a two-day fund-raising event in aid of the animal shelter on April 22-23.
Organiser John Wright, who runs the garden machinery specialist's, said: "Obviously, we're hoping the event will be a huge success and raise as much money as possible.
"We've been working with Heydon for the past seven years and have regularly donated machinery.
"We will try to make the event an annual activity.