Custom and practice!
BUNTINGFORD entertained its friends from France and Spain and showed them some of Britain s much-loved customs – tea, beer and Peter Kay. Continuing their link with twin towns Luynes in France and "lvega in Spain, the Buntingford Twinning Association pla
BUNTINGFORD entertained its friends from France and Spain and showed them some of Britain's much-loved customs - tea, beer and Peter Kay.
Continuing their link with twin towns Luynes in France and "lvega in Spain, the Buntingford Twinning Association played host to more than 60 guests.
The programme was set up to forge closer links with their twin towns in Europe and to learn about different cultures.
The visitors were given a fun-packed timetable of activities that included tea-tasting at Rushden Village Hall, beer-tasting at Buntingford Brewery, a pig roast dinner, and a disco at Freman College.
Deputy mayor, Cllr Jean Cook said: "Each trip is getting bigger. All the families have gelled so well, and it was lovely to catch up with everyone again.
"The five days were fantastic.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
"The disco was an outstanding success and everyone was singing and dancing - we even played French and Spanish songs.
"However, the hit of the evening was Peter Kay's I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)!
"Someone even bought a copy of the CD to take back - I think it was blaring out all the way back to France!"
- Members of the Buntingford Twinning Association have planned a trip to "lvega in September to coincide with their fiesta celebrations.