Custom and practice!
BUNTINGFORD entertained its friends from France and Spain and showed them some of Britain s much-loved customs – tea, beer and Peter Kay. Continuing their link with twin towns Luynes in France and "lvega in Spain, the Buntingford Twinning Association pla
BUNTINGFORD entertained its friends from France and Spain and showed them some of Britain's much-loved customs - tea, beer and Peter Kay.
Continuing their link with twin towns Luynes in France and "lvega in Spain, the Buntingford Twinning Association played host to more than 60 guests.
The programme was set up to forge closer links with their twin towns in Europe and to learn about different cultures.
The visitors were given a fun-packed timetable of activities that included tea-tasting at Rushden Village Hall, beer-tasting at Buntingford Brewery, a pig roast dinner, and a disco at Freman College.
Deputy mayor, Cllr Jean Cook said: "Each trip is getting bigger. All the families have gelled so well, and it was lovely to catch up with everyone again.
"The five days were fantastic.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 8 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
"The disco was an outstanding success and everyone was singing and dancing - we even played French and Spanish songs.
"However, the hit of the evening was Peter Kay's I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)!
"Someone even bought a copy of the CD to take back - I think it was blaring out all the way back to France!"
- Members of the Buntingford Twinning Association have planned a trip to "lvega in September to coincide with their fiesta celebrations.