Custom and practice!
BUNTINGFORD entertained its friends from France and Spain and showed them some of Britain s much-loved customs – tea, beer and Peter Kay. Continuing their link with twin towns Luynes in France and "lvega in Spain, the Buntingford Twinning Association pla
BUNTINGFORD entertained its friends from France and Spain and showed them some of Britain's much-loved customs - tea, beer and Peter Kay.
Continuing their link with twin towns Luynes in France and "lvega in Spain, the Buntingford Twinning Association played host to more than 60 guests.
The programme was set up to forge closer links with their twin towns in Europe and to learn about different cultures.
The visitors were given a fun-packed timetable of activities that included tea-tasting at Rushden Village Hall, beer-tasting at Buntingford Brewery, a pig roast dinner, and a disco at Freman College.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy mayor, Cllr Jean Cook said: "Each trip is getting bigger. All the families have gelled so well, and it was lovely to catch up with everyone again.
"The five days were fantastic.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
"The disco was an outstanding success and everyone was singing and dancing - we even played French and Spanish songs.
"However, the hit of the evening was Peter Kay's I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)!
"Someone even bought a copy of the CD to take back - I think it was blaring out all the way back to France!"
- Members of the Buntingford Twinning Association have planned a trip to "lvega in September to coincide with their fiesta celebrations.