Custom and practice!
BUNTINGFORD entertained its friends from France and Spain and showed them some of Britain s much-loved customs – tea, beer and Peter Kay. Continuing their link with twin towns Luynes in France and "lvega in Spain, the Buntingford Twinning Association pla
BUNTINGFORD entertained its friends from France and Spain and showed them some of Britain's much-loved customs - tea, beer and Peter Kay.
Continuing their link with twin towns Luynes in France and "lvega in Spain, the Buntingford Twinning Association played host to more than 60 guests.
The programme was set up to forge closer links with their twin towns in Europe and to learn about different cultures.
The visitors were given a fun-packed timetable of activities that included tea-tasting at Rushden Village Hall, beer-tasting at Buntingford Brewery, a pig roast dinner, and a disco at Freman College.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy mayor, Cllr Jean Cook said: "Each trip is getting bigger. All the families have gelled so well, and it was lovely to catch up with everyone again.
"The five days were fantastic.
- 1 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 2 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 6 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 9 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
"The disco was an outstanding success and everyone was singing and dancing - we even played French and Spanish songs.
"However, the hit of the evening was Peter Kay's I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)!
"Someone even bought a copy of the CD to take back - I think it was blaring out all the way back to France!"
- Members of the Buntingford Twinning Association have planned a trip to "lvega in September to coincide with their fiesta celebrations.