Curate is set for a splashing good time
SOME upright members of the community look set for a splashing time. They are expected to be the victims of a ducking stool at this year s Royston Parish Church summer fete on Saturday, June 23. The idea of the ducking stool was the brainchild of curate
SOME upright members of the community look set for a splashing time.
They are expected to be the "victims" of a ducking stool at this year's Royston Parish Church summer fete on Saturday, June 23.
The idea of the ducking stool was the brainchild of curate, The Rev Averil Lauckner.
It is understood that she will be one of the "victims".
You may also want to watch:
The other are expected to be the vicar of Royston, the Rev Les Harman, and the Rev John Fidler.
There is a strong rumour, too, that Crow editor Les Baker has be arm-twisted in taking part in the activity.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
The church is raising cash towards the restoration of the tower and other repair work needed on the building.
As usual the attractions will include the Mayor of Royston's charity bounce on the bouncy castle.
Almost every mayor during the past 10 years has been persuaded to take part in the activity - and current mayor Councillor Peter Lill is no exception.
A new stall this year will be a human fruit machine.
- The event will run from 9am to 1pm.