Curate is set for a splashing good time
SOME upright members of the community look set for a splashing time. They are expected to be the victims of a ducking stool at this year s Royston Parish Church summer fete on Saturday, June 23. The idea of the ducking stool was the brainchild of curate
SOME upright members of the community look set for a splashing time.
They are expected to be the "victims" of a ducking stool at this year's Royston Parish Church summer fete on Saturday, June 23.
The idea of the ducking stool was the brainchild of curate, The Rev Averil Lauckner.
It is understood that she will be one of the "victims".
The other are expected to be the vicar of Royston, the Rev Les Harman, and the Rev John Fidler.
There is a strong rumour, too, that Crow editor Les Baker has be arm-twisted in taking part in the activity.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
The church is raising cash towards the restoration of the tower and other repair work needed on the building.
As usual the attractions will include the Mayor of Royston's charity bounce on the bouncy castle.
Almost every mayor during the past 10 years has been persuaded to take part in the activity - and current mayor Councillor Peter Lill is no exception.
A new stall this year will be a human fruit machine.
- The event will run from 9am to 1pm.