Curate is set for a splashing good time
SOME upright members of the community look set for a splashing time. They are expected to be the victims of a ducking stool at this year s Royston Parish Church summer fete on Saturday, June 23. The idea of the ducking stool was the brainchild of curate
SOME upright members of the community look set for a splashing time.
They are expected to be the "victims" of a ducking stool at this year's Royston Parish Church summer fete on Saturday, June 23.
The idea of the ducking stool was the brainchild of curate, The Rev Averil Lauckner.
It is understood that she will be one of the "victims".
The other are expected to be the vicar of Royston, the Rev Les Harman, and the Rev John Fidler.
There is a strong rumour, too, that Crow editor Les Baker has be arm-twisted in taking part in the activity.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 3 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 4 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
The church is raising cash towards the restoration of the tower and other repair work needed on the building.
As usual the attractions will include the Mayor of Royston's charity bounce on the bouncy castle.
Almost every mayor during the past 10 years has been persuaded to take part in the activity - and current mayor Councillor Peter Lill is no exception.
A new stall this year will be a human fruit machine.
- The event will run from 9am to 1pm.