Crunch hospital meeting imminent
A CRUNCH meeting on the future of Royston Hospital takes place next week. Friends of Royston Hospital, MP Oliver Heald, and other stakeholders will meet with the North and East Herts Primary Care Trust on Monday to discuss its plans for the site. As revea
A CRUNCH meeting on the future of Royston Hospital takes place next week.
Friends of Royston Hospital, MP Oliver Heald, and other stakeholders will meet with the North and East Herts Primary Care Trust on Monday to discuss its plans for the site.
As revealed exclusively in The Crow last month, the PCT blocked plans for a �250,000 day room development at the hospital because it would be "in use for very little time". This led to fears that the facility may be closed.
Jenny Routledge, from the Friends, said: "Hopefully things will be a lot clearer after this meeting but we'll have to wait and see.
You may also want to watch:
"It would be good to get some answers because we just want to spend the money which has been generously given to us by the people of Royston.
"We've done all the cosmetic work needed up there and we want to go ahead with a more substantial project."
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 6 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 10 More than £2 million in funding set to save leisure centres under threat
Mrs Routledge also thanked The Crow for supporting the hospital. Last week we launched our Hands off our Hospital campaign, which is aimed at highlighting the importance of the clinic to the people of Crow country.
Royston's county councillor, Fiona Hill, who will be at Monday's meeting, said: "The hospital is a vital facility for Royston and I hope it will continue to be so for years to come.