Croydon man jailed for life for murder after body parts found dumped in lake
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man has been jailed for life for the brutal murder of another man whose body parts were dumped in a lake.
Elvis Kwiatkowski, of Clopton Close in the Cambridgeshire village of Croydon, was sentenced yesterday at Blackfriars Crown Court for his part in the murder of Neill Buchel.
The 39-year-old was beaten to death before his body parts were thrown in a Dagenham lake on March 13, 2014.
Kwiatkowski, who was also found guilty of conspiring to pervert the course of justice, appeared in court alongside Chas Quye.
The 36-year-old, of Stanstead Road in Dagenham, received the same sentence.
You may also want to watch:
The judge said: “This was a classic joint enterprise, it matters not in the end who did what, but you must have both realised straight away that the victim was badly injured...Disposing of the body would have been bad enough but what makes this part so much more serious is that you desecrated the victim’s body by dismembering it.”
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 4 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn