Croydon man jailed for life for murder after body parts found dumped in lake
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man has been jailed for life for the brutal murder of another man whose body parts were dumped in a lake.
Elvis Kwiatkowski, of Clopton Close in the Cambridgeshire village of Croydon, was sentenced yesterday at Blackfriars Crown Court for his part in the murder of Neill Buchel.
The 39-year-old was beaten to death before his body parts were thrown in a Dagenham lake on March 13, 2014.
Kwiatkowski, who was also found guilty of conspiring to pervert the course of justice, appeared in court alongside Chas Quye.
The 36-year-old, of Stanstead Road in Dagenham, received the same sentence.
You may also want to watch:
The judge said: “This was a classic joint enterprise, it matters not in the end who did what, but you must have both realised straight away that the victim was badly injured...Disposing of the body would have been bad enough but what makes this part so much more serious is that you desecrated the victim’s body by dismembering it.”
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange