Croydon man jailed for life for murder after body parts found dumped in lake
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man has been jailed for life for the brutal murder of another man whose body parts were dumped in a lake.
Elvis Kwiatkowski, of Clopton Close in the Cambridgeshire village of Croydon, was sentenced yesterday at Blackfriars Crown Court for his part in the murder of Neill Buchel.
The 39-year-old was beaten to death before his body parts were thrown in a Dagenham lake on March 13, 2014.
Kwiatkowski, who was also found guilty of conspiring to pervert the course of justice, appeared in court alongside Chas Quye.
The 36-year-old, of Stanstead Road in Dagenham, received the same sentence.
You may also want to watch:
The judge said: “This was a classic joint enterprise, it matters not in the end who did what, but you must have both realised straight away that the victim was badly injured...Disposing of the body would have been bad enough but what makes this part so much more serious is that you desecrated the victim’s body by dismembering it.”
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?