Crowds trot down to see pig racing at Melbourn’s Autumn Fair
- Credit: Archant
A squealy good time was had by all when the Autumn Fair came to Melbourn Community Pavillion and Recreation Grounds.
The main event of the day was pig racing, which consisted of a series of races throughout the afternoon with a finale of the Melbourn Cup, a contest between local schools won by Melbourn Village College.
Melbourn Sports Centre manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “It was great to see so many families enjoying themselves and joining in with the spirit of the event.
“The weather was on our side, we had brilliant support from local groups and companies donating equipment and prizes, and fantastic live music to entertain the crowds. The pigs were great fun and certainly the highlight of the day.”
The fair was themed around outdoor activities and countryside awareness and societies from the area got stuck in, including 1st Melbourn Guides and Rainbows and Wimpole Hall Farm.
You may also want to watch:
Also available was a chance to hold and have a photo taken with an owl, along with pony rides, fairground rides and inflatables.
For further information on Melbourn Sports Centre or information on the hire of the community pavilion, contact Melbourn Sports Centre on 01763 263313 or email email@example.com.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks