Crowds trot down to see pig racing at Melbourn’s Autumn Fair
- Credit: Archant
A squealy good time was had by all when the Autumn Fair came to Melbourn Community Pavillion and Recreation Grounds.
The main event of the day was pig racing, which consisted of a series of races throughout the afternoon with a finale of the Melbourn Cup, a contest between local schools won by Melbourn Village College.
Melbourn Sports Centre manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “It was great to see so many families enjoying themselves and joining in with the spirit of the event.
“The weather was on our side, we had brilliant support from local groups and companies donating equipment and prizes, and fantastic live music to entertain the crowds. The pigs were great fun and certainly the highlight of the day.”
The fair was themed around outdoor activities and countryside awareness and societies from the area got stuck in, including 1st Melbourn Guides and Rainbows and Wimpole Hall Farm.
You may also want to watch:
Also available was a chance to hold and have a photo taken with an owl, along with pony rides, fairground rides and inflatables.
For further information on Melbourn Sports Centre or information on the hire of the community pavilion, contact Melbourn Sports Centre on 01763 263313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 7 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP