Crowds trot down to see pig racing at Melbourn’s Autumn Fair
- Credit: Archant
A squealy good time was had by all when the Autumn Fair came to Melbourn Community Pavillion and Recreation Grounds.
The main event of the day was pig racing, which consisted of a series of races throughout the afternoon with a finale of the Melbourn Cup, a contest between local schools won by Melbourn Village College.
Melbourn Sports Centre manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “It was great to see so many families enjoying themselves and joining in with the spirit of the event.
“The weather was on our side, we had brilliant support from local groups and companies donating equipment and prizes, and fantastic live music to entertain the crowds. The pigs were great fun and certainly the highlight of the day.”
The fair was themed around outdoor activities and countryside awareness and societies from the area got stuck in, including 1st Melbourn Guides and Rainbows and Wimpole Hall Farm.
You may also want to watch:
Also available was a chance to hold and have a photo taken with an owl, along with pony rides, fairground rides and inflatables.
For further information on Melbourn Sports Centre or information on the hire of the community pavilion, contact Melbourn Sports Centre on 01763 263313 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts