Crowds flock to Royston Picture Palace for Paddington
- Credit: Archant
Crowds flocked to Royston Picture Palace at the weekend as the community cinema team laid on no fewer than five screenings of a family-friendly blockbuster to meet demand for tickets.
By the time the credits rolled for the final time, a total of 650 people had passed through the box office to catch animation hit Paddington, based on the popular stories by Michael Bond.
Extra screenings were arranged because of the surge of demand from families who wanted to catch the adventures of everyone’s favourite marmalade-eating bear.
The film, featuring a cast of familiar British faces, was hailed as an instant classic when it was released just before Christmas, taking millions of pounds at the box office.
A spokesman for the venue said: “We had some great feedback from those that attended this popular event.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an experience not to be missed.”
Feedback from one film-goer left enthused: “Myself and two of our neighbours went to see Paddington last night at the Royston Picture Palace.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 3 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
“I have never seen so many happy smiling faces leaving a cinema after watching a film – it is a happy feeling picture.
“There were far more adults than children, but it was nice to hear the children laugh and shout at the screen. It was a delightful evening.”