Crowbar-wielding burglars steal cash from elderly Bassingbourn man’s home
- Credit: Archant
An elderly man was confronted by two burglars with crowbars at his Bassingbourn home early yesterday morning, who then made off with £300 in cash.
The victim, who is in his 70s, was watching television in his lounge in Spring Lane at about 2.25am on Sunday when the two men appeared in front of him.
They demanded money before searching his home and his trouser pockets, and left with about £300 in cash found in a chest of drawers.
One of the men is described as about 6ft, aged between 18 and 22, and who wore all black with his face covered with a ski mask.
Det Con Hannah Moore said: “We would like to hear from anyone who might’ve been in the area at the time and saw these men or any vehicles acting suspiciously.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to reassure the community that we believe this to be an isolated incident, however, we have increased patrols in the area.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Cambs police on 101 quoting CF0251370518 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton