Crowbar-wielding burglars steal cash from elderly Bassingbourn man’s home
- Credit: Archant
An elderly man was confronted by two burglars with crowbars at his Bassingbourn home early yesterday morning, who then made off with £300 in cash.
The victim, who is in his 70s, was watching television in his lounge in Spring Lane at about 2.25am on Sunday when the two men appeared in front of him.
They demanded money before searching his home and his trouser pockets, and left with about £300 in cash found in a chest of drawers.
One of the men is described as about 6ft, aged between 18 and 22, and who wore all black with his face covered with a ski mask.
Det Con Hannah Moore said: “We would like to hear from anyone who might’ve been in the area at the time and saw these men or any vehicles acting suspiciously.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to reassure the community that we believe this to be an isolated incident, however, we have increased patrols in the area.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Cambs police on 101 quoting CF0251370518 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash