Crow Editor judges ‘Best in Show’ Award at two-day wedding show
Editor of the Royston Crow, Darren Isted was on hand at the weekend when the largest two day wedding show in the area landed in Crow country.
The Wimpole Wedding Show opened it’s doors in the grounds of the stunning National Trust estate on Saturday morning after 96 exhibitors had set up their stands with an array of items, displaying everything you would need for a wedding.
Darren, along with commercial director for Archant Herts & Cambs, Amanda Davison-Young had the arduous task of deciding which stand should be awarded the ‘Best in Show’.
‘It was an extremely tough decision because it was so apparent that everyone had put a lot of time and thought into their displays,” said Darren.
“We eventually agreed that the vintage crockery stand which had been set up by Esme Rose was just stunning. We awarded the ‘Best in Show’ accolade to them.”
You may also want to watch:
Runners up in the prestigious judging was Hayley Norman from Gallery 1066 in Baldock who had created a living room in the marquee complete with beautiful artwork from her collections - all ideal as a wedding gift.
The Secret Garden at Burwash Manor was also awarded a runners up accolade for the pretty birdcages and scrumptious cupcakes which were on offer at their stand.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
The Wimpole Wedding Show was staged by the WeddingLink team which is part of the Royston Crow family.