Crow Editor judges ‘Best in Show’ Award at two-day wedding show
Editor of the Royston Crow, Darren Isted was on hand at the weekend when the largest two day wedding show in the area landed in Crow country.
The Wimpole Wedding Show opened it’s doors in the grounds of the stunning National Trust estate on Saturday morning after 96 exhibitors had set up their stands with an array of items, displaying everything you would need for a wedding.
Darren, along with commercial director for Archant Herts & Cambs, Amanda Davison-Young had the arduous task of deciding which stand should be awarded the ‘Best in Show’.
‘It was an extremely tough decision because it was so apparent that everyone had put a lot of time and thought into their displays,” said Darren.
“We eventually agreed that the vintage crockery stand which had been set up by Esme Rose was just stunning. We awarded the ‘Best in Show’ accolade to them.”
You may also want to watch:
Runners up in the prestigious judging was Hayley Norman from Gallery 1066 in Baldock who had created a living room in the marquee complete with beautiful artwork from her collections - all ideal as a wedding gift.
The Secret Garden at Burwash Manor was also awarded a runners up accolade for the pretty birdcages and scrumptious cupcakes which were on offer at their stand.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 5 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
The Wimpole Wedding Show was staged by the WeddingLink team which is part of the Royston Crow family.