Crow country teams gear up for Cambridge’s Race for Life
- Credit: Archant
Sixty four Melbourn women – including one in a wheelchair – will be in the pink this weekend when they take part in Race for Life.
The team, named The Feral Nuns, from the Black Horse pub in Melbourn are the largest organised group taking part in the Cambridge Race for Life, which takes place on Sunday, July 20, and raises money for Cancer Research UK.
However, land lady of the Black Horse, Kerry Harrington, will not be able to walk the 5km course as planned.
She said: “I’ve actually had an injury whilst training and torn my Achilles, so the team have made the decision that they will push me round in a wheelchair. Cancer Research have confirmed that we are the biggest team taking part in this particular race which I think is fantastic for a small village pub, and I am very proud of all the ladies taking part.”
Also out on the course will be Jenny Taylor, of Victoria Crescent, Royston, with her team Pinkalicious.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Taylor, who works at Tannery Drift First School, beat Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in her late teens and has recently been diagnosed with a tumour attached to her lung and Thymus gland.
Christa Bears, one of the Pinkalicious team members, said: “Jenny is an extremely inspirational and popular lady.
- 1 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 3 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 4 Reed cricket players show prominently after production of Herts Cricket League averages for 2020 season
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 New infection control method at college to give 'peace of mind'
- 7 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
- 8 COVID-19 figures in South Cambs fall and rise in North Herts
- 9 More supermarkets say customers without masks will be refused entry
- 10 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
“All of the team have been affected by cancer in some way so this charity is very close to all our hearts.”
To sponsor Team Pinkalicious, visit Www.justgiving.com/pinkalicious500