Crow country teams gear up for Cambridge’s Race for Life
- Credit: Archant
Sixty four Melbourn women – including one in a wheelchair – will be in the pink this weekend when they take part in Race for Life.
The team, named The Feral Nuns, from the Black Horse pub in Melbourn are the largest organised group taking part in the Cambridge Race for Life, which takes place on Sunday, July 20, and raises money for Cancer Research UK.
However, land lady of the Black Horse, Kerry Harrington, will not be able to walk the 5km course as planned.
She said: “I’ve actually had an injury whilst training and torn my Achilles, so the team have made the decision that they will push me round in a wheelchair. Cancer Research have confirmed that we are the biggest team taking part in this particular race which I think is fantastic for a small village pub, and I am very proud of all the ladies taking part.”
Also out on the course will be Jenny Taylor, of Victoria Crescent, Royston, with her team Pinkalicious.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Taylor, who works at Tannery Drift First School, beat Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in her late teens and has recently been diagnosed with a tumour attached to her lung and Thymus gland.
Christa Bears, one of the Pinkalicious team members, said: “Jenny is an extremely inspirational and popular lady.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
“All of the team have been affected by cancer in some way so this charity is very close to all our hearts.”
To sponsor Team Pinkalicious, visit Www.justgiving.com/pinkalicious500