Crow and Timebank team up for wool appeal
CHRISTMAS fashion often revolves around wool – gloves, thermal socks, scarves, and the eyesore that is the knitted jumper are staples of the period.
They are only used for a couple of months a year at most, and clog up the drawers for the rest.
So The Crow has started an appeal in conjunction with Royston Timebank to collect your spare wool and supply it to a more worthy cause – the British Armed Forces.
Temperatures dip to well below freezing in winter months, so soldiers need warm just as much as we do here.
Dani Edwards from the Timebank said: “I was approached at the Coombes Community Event by the Support Our Soldiers charity, and we talked about setting up an appeal.
You may also want to watch:
“They suggested it, and we thought it would be a good idea to get involved and supply our soldiers with some wool.”
The appeal will last all year, and any wool is welcome. The box will be collected regularly by the Timebank, and sent off to be knitted into gloves and socks.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
Call into The Crow from 9am until 5.30pm on weekdays to donate.