Crow and Timebank team up for wool appeal
CHRISTMAS fashion often revolves around wool – gloves, thermal socks, scarves, and the eyesore that is the knitted jumper are staples of the period.
They are only used for a couple of months a year at most, and clog up the drawers for the rest.
So The Crow has started an appeal in conjunction with Royston Timebank to collect your spare wool and supply it to a more worthy cause – the British Armed Forces.
Temperatures dip to well below freezing in winter months, so soldiers need warm just as much as we do here.
Dani Edwards from the Timebank said: “I was approached at the Coombes Community Event by the Support Our Soldiers charity, and we talked about setting up an appeal.
“They suggested it, and we thought it would be a good idea to get involved and supply our soldiers with some wool.”
The appeal will last all year, and any wool is welcome. The box will be collected regularly by the Timebank, and sent off to be knitted into gloves and socks.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 5 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
Call into The Crow from 9am until 5.30pm on weekdays to donate.