Crow and Timebank team up for wool appeal
CHRISTMAS fashion often revolves around wool – gloves, thermal socks, scarves, and the eyesore that is the knitted jumper are staples of the period.
They are only used for a couple of months a year at most, and clog up the drawers for the rest.
So The Crow has started an appeal in conjunction with Royston Timebank to collect your spare wool and supply it to a more worthy cause – the British Armed Forces.
Temperatures dip to well below freezing in winter months, so soldiers need warm just as much as we do here.
Dani Edwards from the Timebank said: “I was approached at the Coombes Community Event by the Support Our Soldiers charity, and we talked about setting up an appeal.
You may also want to watch:
“They suggested it, and we thought it would be a good idea to get involved and supply our soldiers with some wool.”
The appeal will last all year, and any wool is welcome. The box will be collected regularly by the Timebank, and sent off to be knitted into gloves and socks.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Call into The Crow from 9am until 5.30pm on weekdays to donate.