Crow and Timebank team up for wool appeal
CHRISTMAS fashion often revolves around wool – gloves, thermal socks, scarves, and the eyesore that is the knitted jumper are staples of the period.
They are only used for a couple of months a year at most, and clog up the drawers for the rest.
So The Crow has started an appeal in conjunction with Royston Timebank to collect your spare wool and supply it to a more worthy cause – the British Armed Forces.
Temperatures dip to well below freezing in winter months, so soldiers need warm just as much as we do here.
Dani Edwards from the Timebank said: “I was approached at the Coombes Community Event by the Support Our Soldiers charity, and we talked about setting up an appeal.
You may also want to watch:
“They suggested it, and we thought it would be a good idea to get involved and supply our soldiers with some wool.”
The appeal will last all year, and any wool is welcome. The box will be collected regularly by the Timebank, and sent off to be knitted into gloves and socks.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
Call into The Crow from 9am until 5.30pm on weekdays to donate.