Crow and Timebank team up for wool appeal
CHRISTMAS fashion often revolves around wool – gloves, thermal socks, scarves, and the eyesore that is the knitted jumper are staples of the period.
They are only used for a couple of months a year at most, and clog up the drawers for the rest.
So The Crow has started an appeal in conjunction with Royston Timebank to collect your spare wool and supply it to a more worthy cause – the British Armed Forces.
Temperatures dip to well below freezing in winter months, so soldiers need warm just as much as we do here.
Dani Edwards from the Timebank said: “I was approached at the Coombes Community Event by the Support Our Soldiers charity, and we talked about setting up an appeal.
You may also want to watch:
“They suggested it, and we thought it would be a good idea to get involved and supply our soldiers with some wool.”
The appeal will last all year, and any wool is welcome. The box will be collected regularly by the Timebank, and sent off to be knitted into gloves and socks.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
Call into The Crow from 9am until 5.30pm on weekdays to donate.