Bishop of Ely rededicates repaired Chancel at Croydon church Harvest service
- Credit: All Saints' Croydon
Croydon's All Saints' Church welcomed The Bishop of Ely to its Harvest Thanksgiving service on Sunday.
The Right Rev Stephen Conway's visit also marked the end of repair work to the Chancel which has now been fully restored.
Due to serious cracks in the floor, which lies over a burial crypt, the Chancel had been closed off for a long time.
The crypt has now been made safe as part of the current extensive repair and restoration of the church and the Chancel can now be used again and was blessed and re dedicated by the Bishop.
Rev Stephen was given a warm welcome at All Saints’ Croydon on Sunday by the Rector the Rev Felicity Couch, and the congregation.
You may also want to watch:
Tea and cakes in the churchyard, with a Scarecrow Trail and picture making for the children, was followed by the Harvest Thanksgiving service which included the rededication, by the Bishop, of the Chancel.
Gifts of food, offered during the service, will be used for the Benefice Food Boxes for those in need.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange