Crocodiles to play Cambridge Haymakers
The Genre of noise-pop is one that many approach with caution. It’s a vague description of what a song might be like, and if anything, could be interpreted as annoying rather than enjoyable.
The definition of noise, after all, is “an unwanted sound.”
However, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Pavement and Spiritualized have all chanced their arm at various fashions of noise-pop over the years, and in recent times a new breed of noise-poppers from America have come to the fore.
Bands such as Wavves, Dum Dum Girls and Liars have earned praise from musical press for their scuzzy, swirling style, and San Diego’s Crocodiles, who play The Haymakers in Cambridge this Wednesday, are the next in line to show off their noise.
The two-piece, (Charles Rowell and Brandon Welchez) formed in 2008, and are currently on their first UK tour, which includes 11 dates.
You may also want to watch:
They came to exposure when fellow noise-pop band No Age stated they were fans of the band’s song Neon Jesus.
Debut album Summer of Hate came out to strong reviews in 2009, with one reviewer describing it as “stripped down, punk-electro swagger,” and another saying “this lo-fi whirr drips with intensity, but carries a comfortable confidence with it.”
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
They are touring in support of their second album, Sleep Forever, which was produced by James Ford of Simian Mobile Disco. Ford has previously worked with the likes of Artcic Monkeys, Florence and The Machine and Klaxons.
Crocodiles play The Haymakers in Cambridge on Wednesday October 6. Tickets are �6.50 and can be brought ay www.gigjunkie.net/venues/The-Haymakers, or by calling the venue on 01223 367471.