Victim left with multiple injuries after robbery
- Credit: Harry Rutter/Archant
A man has been attacked and had his backpack stolen in Royston's Priory Memorial Gardens.
Detectives investigating the robbery - which took place on Sunday morning between 2am and 2.45am - are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information to come forward.
The victim, aged in his 40s, was talking to a group of teenagers - near the bandstand - when he was approached from behind by a group of unknown people, who assaulted him and stole his backpack. Both groups then ran off.
Det Con Rebecca Robinson, from the North Herts Local Crime Unit, said: “The victim was left with multiple injuries to his face, ribs and thumb as a result of the attack.
“Our enquiries are continuing at this time to trace the offenders and we are appealing for anyone who saw what happened, or who may have seen a group of teenagers in the area around the time, to please get in touch.”
Anyone with information is asked to please email email@example.com. You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in the force communications room via the online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/62773/21.
Alternatively, you can stay anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
You may also want to watch:
To receive police messages about a range of topics including burglaries, scams and missing people in your local area, sign up to owl.co.uk/herts or download the ‘OWL crime alerts’ app from your app store.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre