Photographic society congratulates competition winner
- Credit: Andrew Colgan
Royston Photographic Society is continuing to hold competitions despite lockdown restrictions forcing meetings to take place virtually.
The society's second competition under COVID-19 restrictions was titled 'Mono', as pictures had to be in monochrome.
Andrew Colgan, former chairman of the society, was named the winner for his photo depicting Thornham Harbour at high tide. His entry was awarded 20 out of 20 by the judges and praised for its composition and tonal range.
The society holds weekly meetings on Zoom every Thursday evening at 8pm, and has a separate group dedicated to landscapes.
They have also been taking part in socially-distanced photography outings when guidelines permit.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wishes to join, or receive information about how to get involved, can call Peter Baker on 07921 191887. Photographers of all abilities are welcome.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes