Bomb squad carries out controlled explosion in Royston
- Credit: supplied
The cordon in Royston town centre is to be lifted after the bomb squad attended the scene of a suspicious vehicle and subsequently carried out a controlled explosion.
Royston High Street and the surrounding roads were cordoned off with some residents evacuated after police were were alerted to a suspicious vehicle - located in the High Street - earlier today
At about 6pm, a Herts police spokeswoman confirmed to the Crow that the incident had now concluded - the explosive ordnance disposal team attended and a controlled explosion was carried out.
The spokeswoman said: "Police were alerted to a suspicious vehicle parked in Royston High Street earlier today.
"A cordon was put in place and the area was evacuated, to allow the vehicle to be assessed safely.
"The explosive ordnance disposal team (EOD) attended and carried out a controlled explosion as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
"The vehicle is now due to be recovered and further enquiries will be carried out.
"Members of the public are thanked for their patience and understanding throughout."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange