Crime panel in need of members
VOLUNTEERS are needed for the North Herts crime prevention panel. The panel, which was set up more than 20 years ago to assist police in undertaking a number of operational activities, is now seeking new members. Chief Insp Geoff Camp said: I cannot prai
VOLUNTEERS are needed for the North Herts crime prevention panel.
The panel, which was set up more than 20 years ago to assist police in undertaking a number of operational activities, is now seeking new members.
Chief Insp Geoff Camp said: "I cannot praise highly enough the role that the panel plays within our community.
"There is no doubt that the members have helped to keep crime low and to reduce the fear of crime
You may also want to watch:
"In order to expand this vital work we need new members to assist with the many and varied locally based crime prevention initiatives," he said.
Panel members take part in operations such as Safer Neighbourhood surgeries where volunteers seek feedback from residents about community safety; Operation Scirocco where volunteers assist with street surgeries in anti-social hotspots, and in runing crime prevention stands.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
Chief Insp Camp added: "Interested community members can contribute as much or as little time as they want which may range from a few hours here and there to several hours a week."
- Anyone who is interested in joining the North Herts crime prevention panel can call Dennis Wall on 01462 677249 or by e-mail at email@example.com