Crime panel in need of members
VOLUNTEERS are needed for the North Herts crime prevention panel. The panel, which was set up more than 20 years ago to assist police in undertaking a number of operational activities, is now seeking new members. Chief Insp Geoff Camp said: I cannot prai
VOLUNTEERS are needed for the North Herts crime prevention panel.
The panel, which was set up more than 20 years ago to assist police in undertaking a number of operational activities, is now seeking new members.
Chief Insp Geoff Camp said: "I cannot praise highly enough the role that the panel plays within our community.
"There is no doubt that the members have helped to keep crime low and to reduce the fear of crime
You may also want to watch:
"In order to expand this vital work we need new members to assist with the many and varied locally based crime prevention initiatives," he said.
Panel members take part in operations such as Safer Neighbourhood surgeries where volunteers seek feedback from residents about community safety; Operation Scirocco where volunteers assist with street surgeries in anti-social hotspots, and in runing crime prevention stands.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
Chief Insp Camp added: "Interested community members can contribute as much or as little time as they want which may range from a few hours here and there to several hours a week."
- Anyone who is interested in joining the North Herts crime prevention panel can call Dennis Wall on 01462 677249 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org