Crime panel in need of members
VOLUNTEERS are needed for the North Herts crime prevention panel. The panel, which was set up more than 20 years ago to assist police in undertaking a number of operational activities, is now seeking new members. Chief Insp Geoff Camp said: I cannot prai
VOLUNTEERS are needed for the North Herts crime prevention panel.
The panel, which was set up more than 20 years ago to assist police in undertaking a number of operational activities, is now seeking new members.
Chief Insp Geoff Camp said: "I cannot praise highly enough the role that the panel plays within our community.
"There is no doubt that the members have helped to keep crime low and to reduce the fear of crime
You may also want to watch:
"In order to expand this vital work we need new members to assist with the many and varied locally based crime prevention initiatives," he said.
Panel members take part in operations such as Safer Neighbourhood surgeries where volunteers seek feedback from residents about community safety; Operation Scirocco where volunteers assist with street surgeries in anti-social hotspots, and in runing crime prevention stands.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 3 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 4 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
Chief Insp Camp added: "Interested community members can contribute as much or as little time as they want which may range from a few hours here and there to several hours a week."
- Anyone who is interested in joining the North Herts crime prevention panel can call Dennis Wall on 01462 677249 or by e-mail at email@example.com