Motorcyclist dies and driver arrested on suspicion of drug driving after A505 crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died after a crash on the A505 near Whittlesford.
The collision happened just before 4pm on Friday last week, near the BP garage.
It involved a motorcycle, a grey Mercedes C200 and a blue Vauxhall Grandland X. Sadly, the motorcyclist was pronounced dead shortly after the collision.
A man, in his 30s and from Diss in Norfolk, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drugs and drug driving
He was taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station in Peterborough and has since been released under investigation.
Officers are appealing for those who have information about the crash to come forward.
Anyone with information, in particular dashcam footage of the collision or any of the vehicles involved in the moments before, is urged to contact the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit online via webchat or online forms quoting incident 265 of October 29.
Anyone without internet access should call 101.
- 1 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 2 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 5 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 6 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 7 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker