Man in 40s dies in A505 crash
- Credit: Archant
The driver of a vehicle involved in the crash on the A505 near Melbourn this morning has died.
Police have now confirmed the incident happened at about 3.45am and involved a white Mitsubishi Shogun and a lorry.
A police spokeswoman said: "The driver of the Shogun, a man in his 40s, suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene.
"The driver of the lorry, a 55-year-old man from Spain, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and remains at Parkside Police Station."
An ambulance service spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that EEAST responded to an emergency call shortly before 4am regarding an incident on the A505. We sent six ambulances, a rapid response car and an air ambulance to the scene. Sadly, despite the best efforts of everyone involved, the patient died at the scene."
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to the collision.
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 40 of February 2.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs