Cricket facilities opened
BUNTINGFORD S aspiring Freddie Flintoffs celebrated the opening of their new cricket training facilities last week – thanks to a donation from a housing provider. South Anglia Housing invested £15,500 in Buntingford Cricket Club in Norfolk Road, as par
BUNTINGFORD'S aspiring Freddie Flintoffs celebrated the opening of their new cricket training facilities last week - thanks to a donation from a housing provider.
South Anglia Housing invested £15,500 in Buntingford Cricket Club in Norfolk Road, as part of a commitment to investment in local communities.
The club spent the money on outdoor cricket nets and artificial turf in a bid to improve the training facilities for young budding cricketers.
During the opening, a new balcony on the pavilion was also unveiled which has been funded by the cricket club and the town council before 40 of the club's colts took to the field to showcase their skills.
You may also want to watch:
Community development manager for South Anglia Housing Rob Barrett said: "We were delighted to support the cricket club for the benefit of both our residents and the wider community."
Buntingford Cricket Club president Sean McGrath said: "This very generous grant has ensured top quality nets which are essential in improving cricketing skills."
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 9 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
Councillor Stan Bull said: "This is a great facility for the young cricketers in Buntingford and the surrounding area.