Cricket facilities opened
BUNTINGFORD S aspiring Freddie Flintoffs celebrated the opening of their new cricket training facilities last week – thanks to a donation from a housing provider. South Anglia Housing invested £15,500 in Buntingford Cricket Club in Norfolk Road, as par
BUNTINGFORD'S aspiring Freddie Flintoffs celebrated the opening of their new cricket training facilities last week - thanks to a donation from a housing provider.
South Anglia Housing invested £15,500 in Buntingford Cricket Club in Norfolk Road, as part of a commitment to investment in local communities.
The club spent the money on outdoor cricket nets and artificial turf in a bid to improve the training facilities for young budding cricketers.
During the opening, a new balcony on the pavilion was also unveiled which has been funded by the cricket club and the town council before 40 of the club's colts took to the field to showcase their skills.
You may also want to watch:
Community development manager for South Anglia Housing Rob Barrett said: "We were delighted to support the cricket club for the benefit of both our residents and the wider community."
Buntingford Cricket Club president Sean McGrath said: "This very generous grant has ensured top quality nets which are essential in improving cricketing skills."
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Councillor Stan Bull said: "This is a great facility for the young cricketers in Buntingford and the surrounding area.