Fire crews tackle large blaze in Steeple Morden
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters attended a large blaze on the outskirts of Steeple Morden this morning, which took nearly three hours to put out.
The incident happened at the Omya plant in Station Road.
A Cambs fire service spokesman said: "At 6.40am one crew from Gamlingay - along with crews from Royston, Baldock and Stevenage in Hertfordshire - were called to a building fire on Station Road, Steeple Morden.
"Crews arrived to find a fire measuring approximately 100 x 50 metres on an external conveyor belt in an industrial unit.
"Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two jets and one thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire before returning to their stations by 9am.
You may also want to watch:
"The cause of the fire was accidental."
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended