Fire crews tackle large blaze in Steeple Morden
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters attended a large blaze on the outskirts of Steeple Morden this morning, which took nearly three hours to put out.
The incident happened at the Omya plant in Station Road.
A Cambs fire service spokesman said: "At 6.40am one crew from Gamlingay - along with crews from Royston, Baldock and Stevenage in Hertfordshire - were called to a building fire on Station Road, Steeple Morden.
"Crews arrived to find a fire measuring approximately 100 x 50 metres on an external conveyor belt in an industrial unit.
"Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two jets and one thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire before returning to their stations by 9am.
You may also want to watch:
"The cause of the fire was accidental."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony