Fire crews tackle large blaze in Steeple Morden
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters attended a large blaze on the outskirts of Steeple Morden this morning, which took nearly three hours to put out.
The incident happened at the Omya plant in Station Road.
A Cambs fire service spokesman said: "At 6.40am one crew from Gamlingay - along with crews from Royston, Baldock and Stevenage in Hertfordshire - were called to a building fire on Station Road, Steeple Morden.
"Crews arrived to find a fire measuring approximately 100 x 50 metres on an external conveyor belt in an industrial unit.
"Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two jets and one thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire before returning to their stations by 9am.
"The cause of the fire was accidental."
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 10 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner